6 shots at 50 yards. Daystate Regal XL non regulated.

Ok here is the rest of the story.

The configuration is , well, Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR glass. The Gun is box stock other than my taking it down and setting the trigger at 7-8 ounce weight pull.

The grouping was shot outdoors on a calm day at a lasered 50 yards, off sand bags. My intent that day was to go all out, give it my best, for the best 10 shot grouping I could obtain with this gun. After 5 shots, I was sitting there amazed. I very nearly stopped at 5 shots as this is typically what we see when one shoots for a grouping. So im sitting there and im thinking to myself, I need to stop this now and take a photo of this. No way that I'm going to stack the sixth shot right on top of these other 5. Im just gonna blow the grouping on the sixth shot because now im all hyped out about how well the gun is shooting. So I sat there for a couple minutes and said what the hell. If it stacks the sixth shot, im stopping and im gonna get the camera out. So that's really what happened. And how it happened.

As to the cup not moving, I explained that, over there on Disney Land. The cups are weighted down so that they don't move at all.

The stock was hand picked for me by Brad over at Airguns of Arizona. He also shot the test target that came with my rifle. I of course didn't believe the test target and at first thought that he used a paper puncher, because I had told him, " if it's not accurate Im sending it back.." When I duplicated the test target several times, I knew I had a really accurate gun. I will post a photo of the test target below.

Inherently accurate shots in the sweet spot: 29-30 shots. Maybe a few more but I dont chance it. I top at 210-215 bar instead of its max capacity of 230.

On a side note, this gun has the absolute best trigger I ever used on any gun. I set it where I wanted it the first day I got the gun. And locked it down and have never touched it again. It's an absolute dream trigger. This is coming from a guy with a tricked out cooper Model 57 LVT, .22 rimfire, Jard 2 ounce trigger and all. The 2 stage trigger on the Regal is not lighter in weight of pull, but it's better. Hard to explain. I haven't hunted with this gun because im afraid to put a nick or a ding on it. I use the FX Wildcat, or the FX Boss out in the field. I use them carefully. I dont want to ding those either. The Wildcat is a really nice gun, very very accurate, nice looking, trigger almost as good but not quite. I have made some spectacular long range shots with the Wildcat .22.

The regal, well, it's my dream airgun. I wanted a highly accurate mechanical gun. I have absolutely no interest in putting a regulator in it. There are lots of more expensive guns out there and some nice looking ones. Quite a few that get better shot counts. But this is my grail. Prettiest gun Ive ever owned. I'd rather cut my right hand off than part with it. I consider myself lucky and fortunate to own it. Thanks for all the replies. I tried to answer all questions.

I had to sneak around for a while after I got kicked out of Disney Land over there. But I am back. Sort of.

Sincerely, TheShootist, formerly known as TunedAccuracy.

1539050437_2486670595bbc0bc5b20528.26613462_kDcHcPp.jpg

Reactions: chohan
Thanks Michael, and thanks for letting me be here on yours and Teds site. I really appreciate it.

The one thing I forgot to answer. Someone asked what I did with the Target. I still have it. It was shot December 30, 2017, I had a gun cabinet built into a wall in the house. It's not very big. Holds 4 guns and made from Cypress. Every now and then I put a few guns in it for show, but my guns stay locked up in a safe for the most part. The target is displayed on a shelf in the cabinet. It's the only target on display in there. Just one of those days you don't forget