6 Hunting Style Pellets Tested (Video)

Pellets that are designed for hunting are supposed to impart as much of their energy as they can in the least amount time. It is this kinetic energy that causes shock and humane kills. In this video I will test six of the most popular hunting style all lead pellets buy shooting them into Clear Ballistics 20% Gelatin.

• Crossman Premier Hollow Point 14.13 gr
  • JSB Hades 15.89 gr
  • Skenco Ultra Shock 16.66 gr
  • H&N Hunter 18.21 gr
  • H&N Hunter Extreme 18.52 gr
  • JSB Ultra Shock 25.39 gr

I video it from three different cameras and you will be amazed by the results.
The Airgun used to fly these pellets is the Huben K1 G5 in .22 Caliber. I used this airgun because of its huge power profile and ease of power adjustment. Even with this airgun trying to fly all the pellets at the same velocity proved futile but the results of each pellet were very informative.

** REVISED **
I will be accuracy testing these six in a future video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD_h-abSZlg

Please remember, I do not get paid to make these videos, your comments and feedback are my compensation, please be generous!

@Bigragu - Thank you so much bud for recognizing the effort.

@MobyMyster - There is a lot that I cut out as I think it was not easy to follow but I will include it in my follow up video "HUNTING PELLET SHOOTING: ACCURACY".

@Bassman - Thank you man, much appreciated.

@SaHelo2MyLilFren - 😆, Good catch and that's all I need is YouTube to flag me as advocating shooting people with an airgun. I think you may be right about the velocity drop, I just assumed that perforation was caused by the expansion, great eye for detail in both spelling and technical details. Thank you

@Aimright - The Skenco Ultrashocks under 50 yards are amazingly effective on small game or nuisance animals.

@Papy_Yosh - Thank you Papy!