$539 Hawke Side Winder 30 alternative for $179

Might be worth trying out if you got the Hawke 17110 Side Winder 30 6.5-20x42 and like it.

If it's the same scope you know what the mark up really is like and Sniper brand still making good profit selling for $179.99 with life time warranty.

The dead give away hard case and accessories look just like my 17110 Hawke 6.5-20x42 with a different reticle.

Any body tried comparing to the Hawke yet?

https://www.texasprecisionoptics.com/collections/rifle-scopes/products/hk-6-5-20x42-sal-rifle-scope-side-parallax-adjustment-glass-etched-red-green-illuminated-reticle-with-heavy-duty-scope-rings-sunshade-and-lens-cover

30 day money back guarantee. Life time warranty. 

I am disappointed my Hawke scopes for the price I paid. 

If the turrets don't track properly just over travel them and back them off to go back to zero.

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/17110.html

Glass on this Hawke is nice and bright with good eye box and turrets are decent if you get a good one.

Reliability below average in my honest opinion as a multiple Hawke owner user over the years. Specifically Air Max and Side Winder 30 models.

If you get a good one then it may last awhile trouble free.

i like the westhunters to .. i always wanted the neat christmastree etched reticle and a side wheel but didnt want to knock a dent in a grand for it .. now i got one .. and like it .. 

..something else thats a plus is i never thought of it, but the etched reticle and ffp agrees with my wonkey vision to and im able to focus well on the site picture and reticle without glasses .. nothing but plus plus plus .. i'll buy another one for sure ..

I would recommend the AIM Alpha 6 4.5-27 30mm scope, it's considered a new breed of inexpensive scopes taking today's modern advancement and making them a new norm

I had one and was amazed how little chromatic aberration (purple or green fringing of the edge of objects)

Chromatic aberration will cause accuracy issue if too strong, slightly blurring your view

The damping of this scope is a bit stiff in moving it quickly but well worth $250 average street price

If you are a glass snob, cut thru the BS and only look to Austria, Germany, Norway, Japanese glass and make peace with the higher expense

Some backyard shooters believe it's insane to purchase above $500 and a valid belief

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 11.45.02 AM.1642362328.jpg

Ihave an AIMS Alpha 6 in 4.5-27x50 and the glass is phenomenal and turrets are mushy like the Discovery and some West Hunter and Athlon Argos Gen 1. Actually the Argos is alot worse.

Turrets weren't not lining up perfectly some times just like Discovery and other cheaper brand scopes. But the AIMS Alpha 6 glass look brighter and clearer more better resolution and the eye relief and eye box look better too when compared side by side.

Resolution and brightness noticeably superior at high magnification compared to my Hawke Side winder 30s and Air Max and Vortex Strike Eagle and biggest difference compared to the Athlon Argos Gen 1. I am not happy with my Argos at all to be honest and I have 2 of them.

When first came out several years ago thought wasn't as nice as the similarly priced Vortex Diamond back Tactical.

I am wanting to buy an Athlon Ares ETR and hope it's glass is noticeably better for the subatantial higer cost.

Ordered Vector Continentals await back orders got deals close to half price for them. I won't recommend untill I try them out first. Supposed to have German glass.

AIMS Alpha 6 in 4.5-27×50 is known for the hard turning turrets, but once you dial it in that issue is minimal because your not screwing with it anymore to notice

Athlon Argos Gen 2 is much improved and have nice reticles

Have you notice Cyclopes on youtube dare not do a review of the higher priced glass like Trijicon or briefly hits on Japaneses Nightforce ?

The big reason why SWAT, Police, Military choose Trijicon is because they lay there life's on the line everyday and depend on the best, speaks volumes

Trijicon and Night force probably don't need the advertising their quality speaks for them selves and probably don't take kindly to requests to send free scopes for review.

No Wait there might have been a free Night Force 2.5-20x request granted that was sent to a some one here just recently. Perhaps see it for sale on the classifieds some time soon. 

Trijicon and Night force probably don't need the advertising their quality speaks for them selves and probably don't take kindly to requests to send free scopes for review.

No Wait there might have been a free Night Force 2.5-20x request granted that was sent to a some one here just recently. Perhaps see it for sale on the classifieds some time soon.

Free Night Force, boy that's some snappy words together, I may get to test some LDC's from Neil Clague,

Neil Clague cut way back on working in his shop and feel privileged

I guess your right, when your at the top you don't need to sound your horn when it comes to quality

Good luck on your quest and follow up with your Athlon Ares ETR experience

Goldwing

How does the improved Athlon Argos Gen 2 glass compare to the AIMS Alpha 6 when both are compared side by side set at 24x?

The upper end Athlon Ares ETR is implied to be the best top of the line scope originating from China.

Not trying to hype up nor want to promote Chinese made scopes. Though it may seem like I have a hard on enthusiasm for it.

It is the 4.5-30x56 in 34 mm. The 25 yard focus is a real bummer.

I am surprised the Tac Vector Continental which suposed to have German Scott glass isn't well known nor commonly talked about. I guess Vector don't send scopes out for review. Oh wait Cyclops Joe reviewed several models that brand and specifically one I back ordered.

Can't justify such high cost for Chinese made optics paying more than $500. 

Look at this example of the Hawke Side winder 30 alternative twin and notice the price difference?

You can see for your self how cheap they can be sold for.

There are other alternatives out there different brands if you research under other labels.

If I actually had the cash to comfortably blow on good quality optics most definitely wouldn't be for any thing Chinese made not even Korea and not Philippines.

It would probably be at least a Meopta if paying over $500 for good glass if it wasn't from Japan.

That Trijicon 5-50x did you find a good deal in the $1650 price range? Just curious.

Nothing wrong with Japanese glass. Just stating for a budget alittle over $500 preferably at least Meopta since Japan glass cost more and not wanting to pay more than $500 for glass from China or South Korea or Phillipines.

Deon is Japanese March glass that is way above the mentioned $500 price point.

I have seen March glass quality. They are superb and I do not have the luxury of buying March scopes for my guns.

Not at this time.

It would likely be Sightron S3 for me when on sale the 10 meter focus models not the 40 yard LRT.

The sub $500 budget Clearidge side focus scopes made in Japan have 25 yard focus and the 10 yard ones are old school front AO. None have modern fancy reticles.

If you like the old Japan Weaver or Bushnell Elite front AO focus scopes then they may be worth looking into.

Check this brand out. Old school Japan made scopes like the old Weaver Grand Slam and Bushnell Scope Chief and Elites with the front focus. XP5 look like Elite 4500 with 25 yard side focus. Favorable reviews state they are made at the same factory as Weaver and Bushnell.

https://www.clearidgeoptics.com/default.asp?m=0

Here is the 25 yard side focus selling for alot cheaper than every one else. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265351406090

Or pay $499 for it.

https://shop.theopticzone.com/rifle-scopes/clearidge-ultra-xp5-4-5-22-5x50-mil-dot-matte-3910/

Probably the most affordable Japan made scopes being sold today.