• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

50+ yards group thread

I thought RAW's started at around $3500 for some reason. The $1750 entry point for a RAW is much more reasonable, and puts it down in the range of the Crown, which is what I am saving for, though quite a way off for that. Probably a year before I make the next big buy. Wife just has this thing about buying a rifle when we could go on a vacation or something like that. Just no sense of the importance of this stuff! :)

​I will take your advice and keep the "Powder Dry" for now, and buy top end when it's time.

​Considering the accuracy I'm getting from the Marauder at the moment, it's a great learning platform. The longer range shooting is forcing me to learn how to use Chair Gun Pro, understand the basics of Mil and MOA (As I stated above, my scope has MOA Turrets and Mil reticle, incredibly stupid in my book, but it was cheap), and understand the trajectory of the pellet over longer distances. As an entry level, learning platform, the Marauder gets 5 Stars from me!

​The fun part is at the local range. I'm trying to help the Range officials understand that there is a new generation of Air Rifles, and these rifles are quite capable of shooting 75 and 100 yards. My goal is to have a safety discussion with them this week, and see if they'll let me on the 100 yard range. Due to the design of the range, they have legitimate concerns as it's a Military Style where you go down range into a trench, and pull your target up into the firing lane. Their concern is that a pellet may not have enough energy to clear the back of the trench and cause a ricochet. Public range, so gotta be incredibly safe, and I support safety.

​Armed with Chair Gun Pro, I can show the trajectory, hopefully help them gain confidence, and perhaps even help them write some rules (like must be a PCP and nothing 25 FPE on the 100 yard range type stuff). 75 yard range is a different design, so no issues there.

Must admit, it's fun being the oddball out there. They are great people.

well i just looked into what people have posted, gives you some perspective on your own groups since im kinda alone in long range pcp air gunning here. There are a lot of sick groups that i cant replicate but theres also a lot more normal stuff that i could maybe do. 

Makes me wanna head out to the range today but its hella windy... again....

"Saltlake58"I thought RAW's started at around $3500 for some reason. The $1750 entry point for a RAW is much more reasonable, and puts it down in the range of the Crown, which is what I am saving for, though quite a way off for that. Probably a year before I make the next big buy. Wife just has this thing about buying a rifle when we could go on a vacation or something like that. Just no sense of the importance of this stuff! :)

​I will take your advice and keep the "Powder Dry" for now, and buy top end when it's time.

​Considering the accuracy I'm getting from the Marauder at the moment, it's a great learning platform. The longer range shooting is forcing me to learn how to use Chair Gun Pro, understand the basics of Mil and MOA (As I stated above, my scope has MOA Turrets and Mil reticle, incredibly stupid in my book, but it was cheap), and understand the trajectory of the pellet over longer distances. As an entry level, learning platform, the Marauder gets 5 Stars from me!

​The fun part is at the local range. I'm trying to help the Range officials understand that there is a new generation of Air Rifles, and these rifles are quite capable of shooting 75 and 100 yards. My goal is to have a safety discussion with them this week, and see if they'll let me on the 100 yard range. Due to the design of the range, they have legitimate concerns as it's a Military Style where you go down range into a trench, and pull your target up into the firing lane. Their concern is that a pellet may not have enough energy to clear the back of the trench and cause a ricochet. Public range, so gotta be incredibly safe, and I support safety.

​Armed with Chair Gun Pro, I can show the trajectory, hopefully help them gain confidence, and perhaps even help them write some rules (like must be a PCP and nothing 25 FPE on the 100 yard range type stuff). 75 yard range is a different design, so no issues there.

Must admit, it's fun being the oddball out there. They are great people.
Wife doesn't understand that you are @ vacation when shooting a brand new gorgeous rifle like the RAW :).

My frustration runneth over.
Last week, 75 yards, shooting 1 and 2 inch gropus.
Today, shooting 100 yards, couldn't find the target. What happened.

​Didn't touch the gun this week, just let it sit. Had my air bottle filled so I'd be ready to go. Headed to a different range and tried 100 yards.

​Couldn't seem to find the target. I know the gun was hitting, as, out of frustration, someone setup some pieces of clays on the burm and after a couple shots I could hit those.

​Here's a 20 shot group, all aimed at center, bottom target - Inside the silver line: 
646a941f88a1409a08816c2e20f90873.jpg

​I couldn't believe the difference 25 yards made on the shots. Then I looked at the shape of the holes. They weren't nice and round, but more oblong, like the pellet was tumbling instead of headed straight into the target. These at 6 inch bulls, so the group was 6 inches top to bottom.

​I started the group with a fresh fill in the tank and wanted to see what group I could get through a complete fill on the tank. 20 shots is all I get on current adjustments, so this was from 3000 PSI to 2000 PSI.

​Any thoughts what happened? Did I just reach the gun's limit or is something magical happening here.

JSB Exact Heavies 18 grain, 830 FPS. 100 yards, no wind to speak of.

Thoughts??

00933138f408050e0e0b9f5ab53ef16c.jpg
63f601b723be76b9e857f2a2917198b6.jpg
jkingThat's a long way, Salt, it looks like the cross hair isn't settle when you pull the trigger but that's a good group regardless. Thats the great thing about recording the shots. I bet 2" is very possible with that gun at that range. Got to get me one of those Side Shots....
Jimmy
Thanks man, yes i wasn't comfortable shooting, the rifle is in a thumbhole stock when i did this shots, last night i dropped it in a black tactical LRT stock which is more friendlier to the bags. My golf balls will be here Wednesday so im hoping to get out to my buddies camp and see just how far it'll go, like to try 300 yd.... but thats really puching my luck...

100 yards / FX Royale .22 / JSB 18s

Prlwvfx98IIiua-I-KdOZwrmrBzBQAFe3y6qNkmSLO1yXySYnxPGezQdPC9Ur8lCRbAwMes066zfYrKxWaAEn0dbcsCycav1-KaK-6Ilaows74UGQg_juF0qpBxqXfHMPihnoKlXiME05ZT5iFsajRWufuJJYh1BL6lWFdItYnTDf5wTNdd6jXw6JORNaMuYSPUubEImloH6SGYbLwmQ3P5--9jb9HfEnv-dkLa5Z3IceW4ZQ2sDjg74MT9XMx13STGJiRCJarF5kvFRlssBfgoZpuqHjd0bC-EkdVyjZEoiXwCt4d_OsF4SmWx9f_-2sTTu8E5Xk6lQ8LMgQzhpLJ4U2RHJYL19YAXvI_RCoekiPMPXHnlkokgZWsvilfNZx-PzxJuuMwx5eO_ozXlyDFrVX9fCFuPYXOkrMKTKozpLjqP4Fsj3fchXzXMr8KLPEO3cP1phwIJNL1LPcF1xX_-StAQe-NMdA7p5NSiCUSYnMS6e4jfSWWJ8UonNqgSTqPhRkyKl-cxrSiVI19B0EriV-dlKTB3JXaM1k9IRc5Fs7YCdo2qoYykzV2kEsh8WQS9Kn2zicdE8hVbG8WWjDTyBUJSqdKMO4jFOqRCPJrMCV0zGj3a95w=w535-h950-no

I also had some fun at the 200 yard lane trying to hit some metal. I got to the point where about one of four shots paid me back with a very satisfying PING!

Definitely need to get some FX No-Limits mounts... I had maxed out the elevation and had to bring the scope back to 24x (from 32x) so I have enough holdover.

See the little white dot?

UUQn94z7LQjx9tMP-Vrv7UwhdpzuNKjngqAGU5M462Vpv0FyYl3RbwCMCdW23W_I5SwpmD5kXDN4Fz-oCxn2tR11e0weTcnGhiCD4169cwNZ1QxKlXL9K3sVD2s82vw_Oif3gbbU7_f5Y-QYg7vIRA_W1RFONapxpwrrlVoFUAjGOYgGuwiZ9QC1gwfwMowyiAVo4cN7_bIRbyvbXsJWuuPzPCHpNh9ltKHt2cNBtBu65dAXvTbX3VOthDKAv8AjeUTB8O13NSDaySjWaEyhJ_cqu2xtilvc29-6eUMPUaTJZl_d7t7d-QpGFIZaw8c3_7Et67yjCQgtClc0-HpTJjoNtNGQfTzYrMalQshQJlPpRnRcfr2VN8KQRMrP0fuDTXPVl1nU71iyPLq1TNQW-tRcIpoz5ct3bdMOCVcQ_d3w4W4v2jEe8SG0y6EG337YmJHAevy1PJKtIlkHOAcBuwk977-kuY6wrRU9c0XnjXPILtTn2ZrTOoIxD31Yhk19Ui9xHF0zOpCI82CZvxNxNuCvVsS8m5LDE5ipk0YML2B-gbpZDbNMkadxoV0xpHljYjYkCIFpSoHrvdsVFAO71_isx1I8qQaOZO4I0p3TWyWRzlAHdrkDhw=w535-h950-no

nx-5SsvuqI50UXFp9V55nFX13WYxy6T66ctuwuMIQo8jOaBjsYMQMbvP37rpUIM6K4RSDccqgG84LAvgicGz2o-USWtbeGR0wteU2gOAwapxcc_ppvqeObrWSnsq0MpsO6CqXOxYBVf9X_C_Xt1yl91WaXeW8l_lciDUYOUf4jaiP1OPwb6_1VPulc66wWfcVmiFQbZvRLPhr2aBq23tKndH4hSbnseGpi2o2tslvOKZBKbrpTFlFLWhdZunSZRP3MYS758AKQD0jbZgYqYpbasX9g1Lsb-g53iOIZJfEmsVgnYpLsi_UYduv15w5wyUsh7V4r3Wop1C1GebecA9fXIFo6msQom9TginGMa_NS0ljqzcSuj7FixTSVlZ_a08h1Hmlu7DRz-QV8qBs2s90siJM6GSEs7JtjXzPGehcrtdOb2Ex8KdmAFFiJ-RH5SNtgXKY6dSZqThrFU8ZBT-GSe1idbNgymac-agRQVhac_s3zRooyB7tHd_jojlxjr_Ohj_kfqTDZBV9b-RXXzLMT3h69fK-nMSN6WodYiwNWwDMeuG49DNW4YA4WfBTa2U-47b8tCvFRr8ESuV9basWbHz6jY7MZbAdjSzINiw_5OL_i7J5JIolg=w668-h950-no

gbvhOgAqrc0bAq4aci95Ox1N3h9UaGVJS_Ssq9kDWevvygNMHqsO8DXv3m2QMaWkRHw4q24efrYW_64BQdj5N5PdVhpa05GFFF2-Y8eDaXoBJsnH7lERyx6PvvFBeJF3SO6LP9JrSXIT4w8FUkjGx85NFFXp7HkRm1ekT6LNYammkk2rOHMr7OpNn7-Ai-8yMi2D0f25Yuph421COTcTuF5-inFRnEtODdrAbfiG6HJ_EYWWeV8gwl40I7Sgbtkdah-qBhKmbvJADxTctvs9LmsCarjtMbfMy1b1rW6j6CsFhPtYadCz48YsXFaB1YiydQJX4rG5QC7giLx382DTV5pWeZ5safIU7Wr7xoYayn6WNDAOtQxqGZ3S5HCUS0FU5H1XbUiUO4DJGxkGQS_KWYWY72hfmVT2LvJ261smmeOOHLBZIOHHtNOc2U7U6Im49QHlxRpAl_yhI1QhZQHKVB-lIQMSBE8MLFYMaLLbmLFPMRZ_WDRJcuMNVwAwnMrZj6HtHbbsa8h-OeTp3ZDtM2OG7VfpYlclw21yXpCqU9RIYkS90sL3U39BqBZ0WIxmDfe0yL2-bnQkoIRq1N59zyvOAaqs5-YxK4dPOf8-oamLsg-NEFmYvA=w1234-h950-no

"jking"Man, that looks like calm spot. Any critters that can jump out of the brush and carry you away?
JK
Yes, it certainly peaceful, but it IS a firearm range so it could get pretty noisy :) And unfortunately I think most wildlife steer clear of this area!

I got pretty lucky on Sunday. There was only a father/son combo shooting for awhile and then I probably had one hour of alone time at the range. It's not often that I can shoot there without hearing protection. I really wasn't sure what sound the pellet might make if I did hit metal. The best I (chairgun actually) figure, it's just a little over 7 fpe at 200 yards. But even that made a VERY satisfying DING! when it hit :)

Gotta love those pings and long distance! I have some different sized gongs set up across a pond thats around 105 yards and really enjoy hitting them. 

Mcoulter, definitely get some adjustable mounts. Makes long distance shooting much easier. To keep the scope centered that is, not to hit the target!! BTW, nice 100 yard group witht the Royale .22.