50 cal Umarex Hammer vs Dragon Claw?

The dragon claw has less power but enough to kill hog and deer. The hammer is indeed way more powerful but if you want to use both shots in the mag then you need over 4000psi. I decided against it because very quickly even with a huge carbon fiber tank you will run out of air. If you have a compressor no big deal just fill it up for free and choose the hammer. However the dragon claw can use 3000 psi which is easily achieved with a hand pump and instead of 2 shots you can get maybe 16 or 20 on low power. I forgot but pyramydair.com has the shot count listed. You can kill pig deer and even squirrel and rabbit with the 357 or even the 50. Also the 357 and the 50 cal dragon claw can shoot arrows. Now you can kill bear or larger game. Hey moose is even a possibility. The arrow goes 500 fps and guys kill moose with bows shooting 350 fps. So what I'm saying is that if you only want to shoot it when your killing a deer no worries just shoot it a few times to zero and fill the hammer once or twice a year and it will be a more effective tool with shooting a heavier and faster bullet. If you want to have fun with it and actually get to shoot it alot do yourself a favor and get the dragon claw. Also I would recommend the airforce Texan. You get a lifetime guarantee, it has a power wheel adjustment so you can save air and plink or tune up to hunt with and it has a big bottle so you get good shot count. The 45 cal gets 5 shots if I remember correctly at full power and gets like 600fpe. The 50 cal with carbon fiber gets 800 now I think. Anyway if that's out of your price range please take my advice and go with the dragon claw if you want to shoot often. If you have a compressor get whatever you want. The huben handpump is the only handpump that I know of that can go to 4500psi.the Chinese handpump claims it can but its a dirty lie. Ask me how I know🙄 anyway a lifetime warranty is worth the extra price if you ask me. Goodluck. 

Reactions: AncientSword