• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

5 Asprin@50 Yards Challenge (Video)

Hey guys,

I belong to a few Airgun groups on Facebook and there is one called the Umarex Gauntlet Owners Group and there is a cool dude on there named Skinny Mitch. Well Skinny Mitch tossed out a challenge to the group for guys to shoot 4 bottle caps at 50 yards no misses. I took him up on that shoot and submitted my entry (see below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9Q_Mwfkq0

Well another shooter named Darrell up the stakes by reducing the target size from 25.4mm to 15mm and added one more shot so it became 15mm 5@50 and he offered his video (see below)
https://www.facebook.com/darrell.mazzoline/videos/239084406894793/

So not to be outdone, I reduced the target size from 15mm to 10mm so it was now a 10mm 5@50 challenge. This is my attempt at the 5 Asprin @ 50 yards challenge using my Hajinated Umarex Gauntlet shooting JSB 15.89gr pellets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVSz_JlQeKI

Now before the rifle wars start, remember these are entry level PCP's, not Thomas, RAW or an FX Crown, they are $299 rifles doing this stuff but of course more expensive rifles are joining in the fun.

Enjoy!

Don't forget to mention that they are well upgraded and tuned also. Still awesome shooting and equipment in the end no matter what you're using you have to do your part in excellent fashion! :) How many tries do you get at a live shoot? I question 1st hit if you look very closely. Still great shootin though. Bill

TRUTH!! 

Riiiight. $299 for "a" Gauntlet. But how much for THAT gun??

Don't forget to mention that they are well upgraded and tuned also. Still awesome shooting and equipment in the end no matter what you're using you have to do your part in excellent fashion! :) How many tries do you get at a live shoot? I question 1st hit if you look very closely. Still great shootin though. Bill

TRUTH!! 

Riiiight. $299 for "a" Gauntlet. But how much for THAT gun??

I can put a Gauntlet in your hands that has all the tune that THAT gun has for $600, you provide the scope, air and pellets. 

I'm sorry Bill, please entertain my ignorance, Can you expand on the question "How many tries do you get at a live shoot?"
Thank you for the comment!

That's a good price for an excellent gun! My brother is probably going to ask the question "what should I get" at some point and I will recommend you as the tuner of the Gauntlet for his budget considerations (depending on labor costs if any factored into that $600.00). About the "tries at a live shoot" I know there are those who would only show the video that accomplished the challenge after ................several tries. I am in no way accusing you of that because I really don't think FWIW you tried many times and only showed you're best video. That's why they hold live matches because I have shot a few @3/16" ctc groups at 53.66 yards (161 feet measured with a 200 foot tape measure) outside from a shaky bench on my two story deck but absolutely not every time! :) You know where I'm comin from. Love your videos, Bill.

Thank you for the vote of confidence when your brother asks the question. As for the shoot, you may have noticed there was a huge shoot and see reactionary target as the backdrop to the pills, the reason for that is to eliminate any video editing. As for the 5 shots, they just need to be made in one session, nonstop, no misses, if they miss number 3, start over with 5 new targets. If they film 20 attempts before and hit 4 out of 5 they obviously failed and need to consecutively shoot 5 targets with no misses.

I do know where you are coming from and I appreciate the kind words.

Haj

Mums the word ?
1530745359_9715034605b3d520f3a8c15.74398879_2018-07-04 - 19.02.19 ~ MyImgur v3.93 - myimgur.ed...png

EXCELLANT shooting you definetly shown your shooting and tuning expertise. Your accomplishments with both the Marauder, and the Gauntlet put you on the top shelf. You take these guns from the box to shooting superiority. They were big aspirins, how about baby aspirins? I went to the little yellow icon, could not get it to insert. All the best , keep up the vids.

That's some good shooting!

That Gauntlet has been a real interesting contender in the market. Very happy to see it doing so well. I'm only just coming back to shooting after about a year layoff.

Welcome back oldspook I hope all is well. I think Umarex main lining the QB78 and offering a more up to date configuration with a rotary magazine and regulated pressure was a large step forward in the PCP industry. The minimum bar was raised and when that happens we ALL win IMHO

EXCELLANT shooting you definetly shown your shooting and tuning expertise. Your accomplishments with both the Marauder, and the Gauntlet put you on the top shelf. You take these guns from the box to shooting superiority. They were big aspirins, how about baby aspirins? I went to the little yellow icon, could not get it to insert. All the best , keep up the vids.

Thank you for the kind words. The Gauntlet out of the box is a very solid performer but with the right tweaks it becomes a superstar that makes the shooter appear better then he/she is ?
As for baby aspirin.... I can do that.. I will sort a tin of JSB's 18.13's and then sort those by head size and I think I will be able to pull that off..... You got me thinking guod123... you got me thinking! 

SPAW, We did a similar challenge a while back and ended up hot gluing the aspirin to some cardboard. Bullet splatter, broken aspirin holders,, etc...etc...had everyone complaining about luck and cheaters. Babies! If you glue the aspirin to the cardboard there is no help from outside forces and it's nice to see exactly where the projectile is impacting the target! Just my .02.

Haj, you're legit, not referencing you at all, just what SPAW was talking about. Stoti