4 those that only check BigBore, a thread link on a new 7mm airgun barrel in PCP

So I wanted to get the word out to many in the airgun community so I posted in PCP Airguns and also am providing a link here in 'Big Bore Airguns' to the original discussion on GTA where there are drawings and technical information about the barrels and why 7mm/.284 might be a good caliber to look at.

the GTA link https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=165806.0

the AGN main thread link https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/theres-a-new-7mm-284-18-twist-barrel-available-for-airguns/

Great idea! I concur about the frontal area bit too, so .284 might just be a great middle ground 😎

Well, the 'PCP Airguns' section Moderator moved the thread to tell people what was available to "Other parts, Accessories and Equipment".

Sad. Yes technically correct that it goes there but few site visitors go there so I put it where people could actually find out about it and take advantage of it.

Yet I've seen other things that were similar that that did not get moved so thought it OK. Some double standard?

I've bought two of these 18" twist 7mm by .562 OD barrels, 34" long, for going into Texans and one 7mm x .500 24" long for putting in my FLEX.

I understand it's EXTREMELY noisy in the building when they are making barrels so they don't hear the phone ring.

A bit frustrating in this modern age but you have to leave a message and they will get back to you. I've bought three other times before this time in the last four years and it's how they operate.

The most certain way seems to be email but again, it will be a day or so before you get a response. Really, I always had questions that had to be worked out on the phone so never used the email though.

Texan barrels are at the Machinest along with the CF tube their going to be sleeved with.

The .284 Bowman mold from Arsonal was sent to Eric at Hollowpointmold and I got it Saturday.

1578286188_166936395e12bc6c6535c4.72362490_Arsonal 7mm Bowman mold 2722 resize.jpg

# Kinetic45

I am currently testing 44.6gr 224 Bowman slugs for long range gong shooting, first outing CTC 81 mm (3.19") at 225 m.

I am sure the 284 Bowman will not disappoint, if you had to guess, what would you say the BC is.

Best guess by rsterne is 0.15 or 0.16

I'll have to see when the bullets are shot how the numbers turn out.

The barrels are at the machinist / airsmith and when their turn comes he'll do them.... So I'm in a holding pattern.

I have sent three drawings to Al at NOE for different bullet weights. This actually gives five different weights as two of them can be made with either a boattail base or the cherry can be set shallower to eliminate the boattail and make a shorter, flat base and lighter bullet.

I have also told Al that I will contribute $600 to the cost of making the mold cherrys (so at least two molds will get made [eventually, might take three months for him to get to it]) All molds would be the RG system with both HP and solid nose pins.

Here's how I broke it down for the 7mm / 18" twist

102/98gr 257420 version bullet (#)

88gr Bob's BTHP (*)

85gr # Flat Base of the 257420

84gr Flat Base Modified Bowman

72gr *Flat Base of the 88gr Bob's BTHP