4 piece scope mounts for Sheridan Blue Streak

I purchased a set of the Benjamin Sheridan scope mounts for the Blue streak, they have a 3/8 dovetail. I mounted them to the rifle, and made them snug, then I mounted the scope ring's and tightened them down, now the scope mounts are loose on the rifle. These mounts in my opinion are useless. I went to Baker Air guns and purchased their 1 piece mount, and give it a try. The other sights mentioned could be modified so that when you tighten the the scope it would not compress the space between the dovetails, thus releasing the clamping force of the scope mount clamp screws. 

1579399433_17358641965e23b909b6acb9.11570560_DSCN1575.jpg

The Baker mounts are one of the best options out there for those guns as far as I am concerned. They won't force the soldered on barrel up off of the tube it is soldered to. I have seen my share of the Benjamin/Sheridan guns with breeches and barrels torn loose from the tube. The Baker mount and a fairly lightweight scope can really make a difference in the longevity of the guns.

I can't begin to remember which mounts I had on my first Blue Streak, I do remember having a Weaver 3-6 power scope on it. I know for a fact that the other mount's could be made that would only clamp on the barrel, for 3/4ths of the diameter . There is no need for it to come into contact with the joint to keep it aligned. Mounting them would be the same process as mounting the scope in the ring's making sure they are level. I could make my own mounts but I would rather spend my time shooting than making something I can buy. I never even used lock tight on my screws on my first blue streak, nothing ever came loose.