4 generations of WOLF came to play today

20210120_131852.1611242380.jpg

20210120_131718.1611242447.jpg

Did a rebuild on this AirWolf and was testing Wally and the Delta, so why not bring em all out to play?

I'm pretty impressed by the AirWolf. Never handled one before, interestingly. I think it was the first Harper valved electronic. I did have a Mk3 at one point, the very first Daystate electronic, but sold it because the stock was so beautiful but thin and I didn't want to break it. I can easily see the attraction to the AirWolf, though. Very simple and well constructed, but quite consistent. 

AirWolf, Red Wolf gen1, Safari, and Delta Wolf

Bob

Lol... you guys are always good for a laugh... That's why I love it here...

I didn't even think about the "Wolf-erine" but a Mk4 just showed up for a re-seal. That would be the next one after the early Air Wolf in the pic. Might have to retake the family portrait. 

It IS a pretty tough job, but then .... SOMEONE has to do it ;)

As far as a report, we are working on some starter set points to be included with each one , as well as some basics of programming (it IS just about infinite), and testing massively to try to insure functionality. There are some videos that go over the operation pretty well already. As Spray1Mark and I have already mentioned , if you have specific questions..... glad to try to answer. It's been pretty similar in accuracy to the Red Wolf but seems easier to make power. For me, fine accuracy is more difficult with the bullpup form, but I've seen nothing that implies a rifle issue. The ergonomics are as nice as anything I've handled, period. The action is slick and light and everything about just makes me want to find a reason to shoot it. It balances well and control is very good offhand. There is nothing delicate about it, so should be good to go for about any reasonable use. That being said, there IS wiring inside that data runs on that is NOT a user friendly tinker feature. It WILL get screwed up by someone taking it apart without finesse. There should be no reason to ever have it down that far, though. The valve or regulator removal, bolt lever side swap, or full reseal can be done without removing the top. As I mentioned earlier , the frame is made from 1 piece of billet and the plenum is LARGE and an integrated part of the frame. 

Hope this helps in answering your questions. This last year was a huge setback for so many companies and projects and Daystate has had their share. The definitely are working HARD on this one to make it right. Hopefully they will be shipping shortly. AoA is serious about it being worth the wait.

Fun stuff, anyway.... 

Bob