.357 Slayer from American Air Arms is Awesome

I bought and modified/trimmed this cover by cutting the edges off so it's narrower for the check rest.

https://www.magpul.com/firearms-accessories/rails-and-accessories/covers/firearms-accessories/rails-and-accessories/covers/xt-rail-panel

Bought this for the foregrip

https://www.magpul.com/products/ladder-rail-panel?ProductColor=VO343

Or you could use them wherever you want.

Of course, shop around, lots of companies sell them, some at discounts

AND, I also removed the waffle butt plate and replaced it with a 1/2 thick hard rubber rifle pad and used a belt sander to shape the edges just like on a regular rifle stock. I found Tom's original concept TOO grabby on my shirt or jacket every time I did a quick shoulder. I used this

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2171110964

1576338639_15397981165df504cf6afcc1.85114126_20191214_104645-756x1008.jpg

Reactions: pan60
Airgunning is a game of holdover; there is no real reason to have the scope as low to the barrel as possible unless you do a lot of extremely close shooting. I'd suggest you start with medium rings unless you have a large head, if so then go straight to high. Low will work but they they will be extremely uncomfortable.

Tom 

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Airgunning is a game of holdover; there is no real reason to have the scope as low to the barrel as possible unless you do a lot of extremely close shooting. I'd suggest you start with medium rings unless you have a large head, if so then go straight to high. Low will work but they they will be extremely uncomfortable.

Tom

I'm more of a few perfect, full power shot's than a string of hold over shots type of guy. I hunt and shoot on my own property out to a few hundred yards, but I usually only get one shot.

Tom

I'm more of a few perfect, full power shot's than a string of hold over shots type of guy. I hunt and shoot on my own property out to a few hundred yards, but I usually only get one shot.

I would agree. I'm refering to holdover based on range not shot to shot velocity. If you shoot at fixed ranges then scope height to barrel is even less relevant.

I have several sets of either of these brands of adjustable height rings and use them in combination with the MOA rail on the Slayer and depending on the scope adjustment travel, custom set my MOA heights

A lot of travel in either of these rings and I set them to fit my needed ring height too, besides the custom MOA.

https://eaglevisioncam.com/shop/scope-mount/infinity-elevation-ajustable-scope-mount-fae-s50-30mm-ring-picatinny/

https://utahairguns.com/fx-no-limit-scope-mounts-picatinny/

Right now I'm using a set of the EagleVision rings on my Slayer, they are pricey but rock solid tough.

You could use them to take out the built in MOA of the Slayer rail (because there are times you'd want that) or use them with the MOA (both same height) or use them to ADD to the MOA of the Slayer rail for really long range shooting (front ring all the way down and rear ring all the way up for MASSIVE MOA)

Well, the answer ins't Medium height rings. It's tall or X tall. Back to Cabela's tomorrow. I'm bringing the Slayer and my scope with me this time.

If you have rings and a scope height that you prefer, the scope/ring industry uses a fairly universal measurement system, measuring from the centerline of the scope down to the middle of the clamps to state their height. One manufacturer's high rings might be another's medium height rings, and this measurement settles those issues.

You can get a real good idea of what you will need for scope height by temporarily mounting a set of your existing rings and a scope on the Slayer to get a measurement of what's too high or low. Then, for example, and if the temporary scope on the Slayer sits perfectly centered when you pull up to shoulder, take the measurement from the scope's centerline down to the clamp and buy the next set of rings according to this height. Likewise, if the scope sits too high or too low when you shoulder it then adjust your measurement accordingly.

I put 1 1/4" high rings on my Slayer, but your preference will vary.

I probably should have been clear on the reason why the Medium rings didn't work. It's bad cheek weld/head-angle trying to get looking down the middle of the scope. That's what's very awkward and not right with the medium instead of tall or extra tall rings. I'm not running out of adjustment at all, with the 20 MOA built into the Slayer rail, I doubt i'll need to worry about that. I did by some of the FX adjustable rings, but I didn't watch what came back on the search close enough and despite putting Weaver in the search I stupidly ordered dove tails. Dumb. So, very bitchen gun, new Bushnell Forge scope, and NO RINGS!

Tom, it's almost been a full year since I have paid you in Full for a .45 Slayer, you seem to be avoiding me? I find it hard to believe that in a small community like the Air Gun community, that you would deliberately take orders for the >45 Slayer, collect my money and then not deliver the product I paid in full for when I ordered it from you.

Please either refund my money or send me a Slayer, you can send me your used Slayer that you shoot at the benchrest competition, if that is the only one you have available, I know it's used, it's not what I ordered but it's better than nothing. 

It's hard for me to understand why you have not sent me a Air Gun that I ordered Feb 27th 2019 and paid for in full. 

I am so glad I did not order the Evol .308 at the same time, I had every intention of ordering a Evol as soon as I had received the .45. 

I bought a used .357 Slayer and love it, that is why I ordered your .45, you make good equipment, but I feel like I have been a victim of internet fraud on this last attempt to purchase your .45 Slayer. 

Please, Please, contact me or just send me a .45 Slayer, am I really the only person who hasn't received their order? 

Sincerely
Mike Roach
870-291-1144
Calico Rock Ar.

Tom, it's almost been a full year since I have paid you in Full for a .45 Slayer, you seem to be avoiding me? I find it hard to believe that in a small community like the Air Gun community, that you would deliberately take orders for the >45 Slayer, collect my money and then not deliver the product I paid in full for when I ordered it from you.

Please either refund my money or send me a Slayer, you can send me your used Slayer that you shoot at the benchrest competition, if that is the only one you have available, I know it's used, it's not what I ordered but it's better than nothing. 

It's hard for me to understand why you have not sent me a Air Gun that I ordered Feb 27th 2019 and paid for in full. 

I am so glad I did not order the Evol .308 at the same time, I had every intention of ordering a Evol as soon as I had received the .45. 

I bought a used .357 Slayer and love it, that is why I ordered your .45, you make good equipment, but I feel like I have been a victim of internet fraud on this last attempt to purchase your .45 Slayer. 

Please, Please, contact me or just send me a .45 Slayer, am I really the only person who hasn't received their order? 

Sincerely
Mike Roach
870-291-1144
Calico Rock Ar.

To my knowledge, there are at least 3 other people on GTA who ordered 452s ahead of you with dates starting in Sept 2018. (My order was placed in Nov 2018, and I also ordered a 308 at that time.)

I requested a refund in December 2019 and recently filed a complaint with the California Attorney General’s office. Tom responded with a letter to them (which he emailed to me as well) in which he stated that the 308 would ship at the end of January and the 452 at the end of February. I did get an email saying that the 308 order was complete and another email with a FedEx tracking number saying that a shipping label had been created Jan 30, but as of Feb 12 no package had been dropped off at Fedex or sent to me. My next step is to initiate a small claims action against Tom in California.

I might understand if Tom was simply having difficulty manufacturing the rifles and could not offer refunds because the funds had already been spent preparing to manufacture them. It is not acceptable to me to be dishonest about the situation. This is not by any means the first time Tom has promised the rifle was being tested and would be shipped soon, and Kinetic 45 has posted about the same experience (although he got a refund.) 

Normally when I have dealt with people like this in the past it has always been much less aggravating to hire a lawyer to handle it for me, which, as I’m busy with other things, is likely to be the route I take.