.357 Slayer from American Air Arms is Awesome

" C.D.S. from Geo rgia. I ordered 357 Slayer in May of 2018 and have never gotten it. Was wondering if something happened to the Company or if they are just this slow? "

I'm sure someone willo\ correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think of aaa as an airgun "business" sure they(someone) is doing business as in selling & making things but not as in any facility or staff or time dedicated to running an airgun "business" . Seems much more hobby ish to me , or like we used to on occasion take something into work at the shop to work on in spare time. And some will think/say "custom" made but a deadline is a dead line and any company who misses any deadline and elects not to inform/contact customers themselves asap regarding the matter ( and offering ??????? as they messed up) just inst professional.

Professionalism should be included with any "business" transaction .

Or, is it 2018 and Video Rulz ?

John

Or, is it 2018 and Video Rulz ?

John

I would say winning EBR over and over rulz, as the Slayer does

I don’t own one, and probably never will. I’m quite content with my Texans for my big bore needs. But there is no denying the quality of the Slayer. 

Either a buyer is fine with a long wait time for an award winning build, or he isn’t and can look elsewhere. And either AAA is fine with their business model and possibly losing some sales due to long wait times, or they ain’t and they can change it

None of it is really any skin off of any of our noses or should be anything for us to whine about.

@cschneider

Check your PM’s

Normally the problem is customers that have their name on the list, but get bumped by paid orders. I’d like to help get this figured out. I’ll be talking to Tom about an order I have in, and will gladly inquire on your behalf!

And for anyone wondering, AAA is not a “hobby”. They have moved (twice) recently and I don’t think they were even accepting orders for about 6 months during that time. In fact, they’re about to release a large batch of EVOL’s as we speak (one of which will have my name on it..just have to figure out what to sell to pay for it 😂)

Brian

Nothing really. I was shooting/testing different slug weights and types. I noticed it takes a number of shots of the same slug for the barrel to really settle down. I shot group 3 first, then group 2 which you can see tightening up more, but I wasn't on a full fill with that group. I then filled up again (3800psi) and ran group 4.

These slugs are awesome and came from Carl (Kinetic45^). He sent me these slugs to test in my Slayer. He has a .357 Slayer ordered and wanted a heads up on his cast slugs while he waits for shipment.

Here is what Carl said about these particular slugs: 

Carl Custom mold 155gr - .358

Accurate Molds 36-168J which is a bullet I designed and had mold made then it was sent to hollowpointmold.com and casts 155gr. It is a bit bore riding so it chambers easier - Note that is NOT a gas check shank as it is too short but there for a reason (from my PB bench rest experience) http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=36-168J-D.png It throws an as cast .359 so it sizes nicely in both .357 and .358.

Here is a picture of the slugs:

[

I was playing with the Slayer tuning today. Looks like I am getting a better bell curve now. I was using some lighter 120gr cast that I have more of, lol. I have to save the good/proven ones until I get to casting my own. The Slayer is easy from here to increase the power for heavier slugs by just adjusting the valve dwell a quarter turn or so.

1549489337_16715519005c5b54b9cfc697.17459444_357 Slayer tuning 2-6-19.PNG

In the process of customizing my bulldog(jsar valve, ports, titanium reservoir etc). In hindsight, I would’ve just bought a slayer. Getting 6 shots at 275 FPE
1f62c.svg
seems like a gun that doesn’t need any customizing..

The custom Bulldog will be sweet, but.. Like a hopped up Corvette trying to be an exotic. Rolex / Timex, the analogies are endless! 

"In the process of customizing my bulldog(jsar valve, ports, titanium reservoir etc). In hindsight, I would’ve just bought a slayer. Getting 6 shots at 275 FPE😬seems like a gun that doesn’t need any customizing.."

That's for sure on the Slayer. There's nothing really to do except maybe tweak it for your slug weights a little. AAA has thought of everything when building the Slayer. One of the deciding driving forces for me besides the build quality and power was the quietness of it verses other Big Bores.

In my hunt for a Big Bore I considered the Bulldog, being I already had two Marauders. I considered what those two took to get right, like I wanted them to be, and should be. I really didn't want to go that route and expense again with the Bulldog, assuming that's what it would take again.

Once your Bulldog is finalized, you'll have a very powerful Big Bore you basically built yourself, and can be proud of. At least that's the warm and fuzzy I get shooting my highly modified Marauders which are now awesome.

For anyone wanting to replace their Slayer O-rings, here is the list of O-rings I ordered from The O-Ring Store to rebuild mine. Mine is an older .357 I bought used here on Airgun Nation. It staring leaking air overnight, and eventually wouldn't hold any air for more than a few hours. After the rebuild using these O-rings, it holds air for days and days without any leaks..

357-Slayer-O-rings-except-breech-O-ring.jpg
[/url][/img]

This is what the Slayer's balanced valve looks like when taken apart, and the O-rings I replaced in it. The list also includes the TP and HPA O-rings.

357-Slayer-Valve.jpg
[/url][/img]