.357 Bulldog and Slugs,

At first I though HOLY CRAP! those low ES and SDs for an unregulated gun?

Then I scrolled up and saw your REGULATED TETHER set up!

So how do you like the Ping? (Actually LACK OF)...

CA

It’s nicer to shoot that’s for sure but if you really listen you can still hear a faint PING but it’s drawn out and really really light, don’t think you would hear it 3ft away, it’s like it’s letting you know it used to be there but I just started shooting it so more then likely it will fade away as it gets broke in as they say.

Its appears to be the restless GHOST since you already killed the PING..
CA

Hit the nail on the head Coldair, I was going to shoot today being it’s 19* out with now wind, perfect day to shoot and then I open my curtains and see this, on a 1200 acre lake the only person on the whole lake has to be down range about 500 yards ice fishing, to close for me to shoot and feel safe, that’s my life as they say.

1544383842_5939611015c0d6d62066b92.53601993_CA864C04-B2F5-46E4-8A42-671ADF12A271.jpeg

You need an amphibious radio controlled target stand to crawl out on the ice (or motor out on the water in the spring), haha

I’ve thought about putting a ice anchor out at 105 yards with a block and tackle/pulley set up and building a target on a sled and use a rope system at ground level to pull it out and in with, maybe some type of reverseable electric motor like a wench motor. It’s been a thought for a couple years but then I can just get my son to drag it out and back for me hahaha, can’t leave it out due to snowmobiles riding on the lake, I could probably put reflectors on it but don’t like the idea of being liable if someone runs into it even if had reflectors, not all snowmobilers are should we say sober.

I have decided to buy another Benjamin Bulldog .357 being I miss my old one plus I would like a Bulldog to go with the Texan .357 and HMx .357 but anyway all I shot with my 1st bulldog was JSB 81.02s and the 145 Noslers that came with it, both shot ok out to 50 yards so now my question is have any of you bulldog owners tried any slugs in the 127gr area, (the Texan likes them). I have a few hundred 127gr slugs from Hunter Supply so if I don’t need to buy any while I wait for it to get here I’ll hold off but if any of you have tried other slugs and have had good luck let me know so maybe I can get some to try, Thanks.

Jim F.

The 142 gr. Nielsen HP BT's were about as accurate as the Nossler's but were leaving the barrel about the same speed or even a little slower. Those were .357's. I mic'd the Nossler's and they ran .356 so I ordered a second batch of Nielsen's in .356 and will try those.