Become an AGN forum member to be included in our multi-thousand dollar Monthly Airgun Giveaways! Winning is as easy as picking a number, no strings attached! This is our way of thanking you for being a part of the worlds biggest airgun forum. Yours truly, Michael Wendt - Owner.
Join HERE

34 grain .22 slug BC??

Forums Pellets, Projectiles, Slugs, & Ammo 34 grain .22 slug BC??

• Views : 390
  • Link

Rallyshark
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +8

I was wondering if any of you guys have done any testing to find the BC on the VK or Griffin 34 grain slugs?  I've got some I will be testing soon, and was wondering what BC I should input into strelock pro.  I already did a quick tune on my Maverick, so I know what speeds they're shooting at different power wheel settings.  I currently have the gun set to where I can cover from 925 fps to 1015 fps on the upper PW settings, so speed shouldn't be a problem(the gun can shoot them even faster).   I'm guessing they should be around .100 or maybe even as high as .110.  That's just a wild guess, but I'd expect them to be at least .100 on the BC.  If anyone can add some input, it would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I think the Maverick magazine could probably handle up to 35-36 grain, assuming they are flat base slugs.  I'm basically trying to shoot the heaviest .22 slug that will fit the magazine, but 34 grain is the heaviest I have for now.  Thanks for any input!

Link

brillerino
    Participant
    Norway
    Accuracy: +0

Set up ur chrono 20 yards away and shoot over it. Combine the readings 

Link

Rallyshark
    Participant
    United States

I will do that, if I have to.  I was just hoping someone else may have already done it, to save me the trouble, haha.  I would have to do it when I'm out in the field, but I'm usually short on time when I'm there.  I have a light kit, and trap setup so I can chrony inside the house, but it's not necessarily safe sending 75-80 fpe down range outside at my house.  If I miss the trap/target, it could get dangerous…  That's the reason I'd have to wait until I was in the field to do it.  

Link

brillerino
    Participant
    Norway
    Accuracy: +0

Totally understand and respect that. I am in the same boat as you with the wildmanslugs in .177. Waiting for good weather

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by brillerino.
    Link

Rallyshark
    Participant
    United States

Yep, the downside of having neighbors that are a bit too close for shooting the gun in "beast mode" 😁  I usually only tune my gun that hot for when I'm going hunting pigs, and when I'm going hunting time is often limited.  I usually have just enough time to check zero, and then it's to the woods looking for a porker.  Granted, most of the shots I'd take wouldn't even require me knowing the BC, but I like to be prepared on the off chance a longer shot does present itself.  

Link

Ydunn.223
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +2

shooting with a FX Superior heavy barrel will give higher BC numbers than other barrels do .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.