304 Yard pigeon with Bobs gun!

pcparmy

Mar 27, 2019
NY
The boys were hard at fun while I was working in the city yesterday, and it paid off with an epic shot. Norm on the trigger and steve from “airgun evolution” spotting, the bird never had a chance.

Slug went through both hips, and really did a number, even causing blood to pour from the nose. 30 ft lbs at target distance. If you follow the link here to our instagram post, a short video of the shot and situation is there. If you want to wait for the full video on our youtube channels, it will be a day or two!

Enjoy,

Keith and Norm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ybYJihjCe/?igshid=14qjm2ecntc6i

Thank you gentlemen! There is something so alluring about mixing shooting with rocket science lol. 

A quick note on trajectory. As we passed 150 yards and had slugs on scopecam it seemed like the slugs were coming dang near straight down. Mortar type loops. None of the hits we have suggest that this is the case. There is a ton of forward momentum still here. The 304 pigeon had a passthru like it was shot close range. In one side out the other. No vertical element to the wound channel. Also norm missed a starling by about an inch at 304 that was sitting on a piece of angle iron.

|- <—— like this. The slug hit low under the starling and the flat piece of metal it was sitting on. In other words it wasnt coming down steep enough to only hit the top flat piece. It got under that and hit the covered portion of the angle iron.

At 67.5 moa, its about 17.5 feet of vertical adjustment to hit at 304 yards. When you spread that over the course of the flight it ends up being not nearly as vertical as the video makes it out to be. It is still screaming forward and packing quite the punch. Just something we found interesting and wanted to pass on.

Keith and Norm

Thank you gentlemen! There is something so alluring about mixing shooting with rocket science lol. 

A quick note on trajectory. As we passed 150 yards and had slugs on scopecam it seemed like the slugs were coming dang near straight down. Mortar type loops. None of the hits we have suggest that this is the case. There is a ton of forward momentum still here. The 304 pigeon had a passthru like it was shot close range. In one side out the other. No vertical element to the wound channel. Also norm missed a starling by about an inch at 304 that was sitting on a piece of angle iron.

|- <—— like this. The slug hit low under the starling and the flat piece of metal it was sitting on. In other words it wasnt coming down steep enough to only hit the top flat piece. It got under that and hit the covered portion of the angle iron.

At 67.5 moa, its about 17.5 feet of vertical adjustment to hit at 304 yards. When you spread that over the course of the flight it ends up being not nearly as vertical as the video makes it out to be. It is still screaming forward and packing quite the punch. Just something we found interesting and wanted to pass on.

Keith and Norm

That’s nuts. What did you have to do to get that much scope adjustment.

Thanks gentlemen.

jheikkila, night-forces have quite a bi of internal adjustment. And we use fx no limit rings

i turn the scope adjustment as low as it will go, come up about ten moa from the bottom to take some stress off the scope. Then you zero your height with the rings and not the scope, so that when your gun is zeroed you have a ton of up left. Works great! I can dial to 80 Moa before needing to hold over.

Haha. Yes, Bob will get his impact back. And my guess is he will want it back in the configuretion we have it now! Im sure he lent it to us knowing we were men of our words. Its been incredible having it. I plan to use it to good effect Friday! Just hoping we can kill a hundred or so in barns quick with the crown so i can go play sniper with the impact!