$300 (Yong Heng) PCP Compressor (Up Close Look & Basic Set-Up)

Forums Air Tanks, Pumps, Compressors, & Filters $300 (Yong Heng) PCP Compressor (Up Close Look & Basic Set-Up)

• Views : 1675
  • Link

Scotchmo
    Participant

kaylaindy
    Quote: "… don't buy a Chinese tank, they are not DOT certified."

Scotchmo
    Quote: "If you are filling your own tank, why do you care if it is DOT certified?"

adb128
    Quote: "If you plan on driving a few hours away and shooting more than one fill worth pills…"

In that case, you probably need a bigger tank. If you do plan on having the tank filled by a commercial outfit, DOT certification may be required. That said, plenty of Chinese tanks are DOT certified. Here is one example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/68Ci-Paintball-HP-Air-Carbon-Fiber-tank-work-pressure-310bar-DOT-certificated/32716273246.html?

Link

kaylaindy
    Participant

Mainly you want it to be dot certified because if something goes wrong you may be dead.

In Europe the same carbon fiber tanks we use for 15 years are good for 30 years. That's why pyramydair now has reborn tanks that have been checked and are cheaper than a new tank.

They have been recertified

What's the worst thing is that your dog is probably the one who will end up taking the hit when something goes flying at 3000 miles an hour across the room. And it will be because he just wanted to be next to you when you were working on stuff.

Link

Scotchmo
    Participant

kaylaindy

Quote: "…because if something goes wrong you may be dead."

DOT certification gives some assurance that the tank was built/tested to an accepted standard. There are other certifications such as ISO. When filling your own tanks, it's ultimately up to the you to insure that nothing "goes wrong". The air cylinders on most rifles are not DOT certified, yet we fill them on a regular basis.

Use caution. Know the risks.

And as I said, plenty of Chinese tanks are DOT certified. So that stated reason for avoiding Chinese tanks is not valid.

Link

Hunt4Dinner
    Participant

Centercut

This is the HPAC compressor oil I mentioned above. 

It’s what I use in my two cylinder Tuxing, and after 6 hours run time still looks fresh  

Royal Purple 01513 Synfilm Recip 100 High Performance Synthetic Air Compressor Lubricant – 1 qt. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PL9BVY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_s6krBb1ZDDQ0F

i just ordered this for my compressor today. My Yong Heng arrived yesterday and I want to wait and use a good oil to prolong the life of it as much as possible. I run royal purple in a lot of my atv’s and have never had a problem. 

Link

sqweeler
    Participant

Mine came today.Yong Heng in the box.     

Link

Str8tshooter
    Participant

Scotchmo

kaylaindy
    Quote: "… don't buy a Chinese tank, they are not DOT certified."

Scotchmo
    Quote: "If you are filling your own tank, why do you care if it is DOT certified?"

adb128
    Quote: "If you plan on driving a few hours away and shooting more than one fill worth pills…"

In that case, you probably need a bigger tank. If you do plan on having the tank filled by a commercial outfit, DOT certification may be required. That said, plenty of Chinese tanks are DOT certified. Here is one example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/68Ci-Paintball-HP-Air-Carbon-Fiber-tank-work-pressure-310bar-DOT-certificated/32716273246.html?

The Chinese can print whatever they want on their products 🙂 

Link

Scotchmo
    Participant

Str8tshooter

Quote: "The Chinese can print whatever they want on their products"

Can they print "Made in USA"?

Link

Stefanjan
    Participant

Scotchmo. Yes they can.  I bought several knives from China with Made in USA printed on them.  Clearly they weren't.   You might be surprised at the number of products that are not made in the US that are illegally sold as such.  

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.