30+ Year old " New FWB 300 "

"JoeWayneRhea"Lol what makes you guys think I personally don't have fingernail polish remover ...For all y'all know I'm pink toed with a taste of glitter :). Thanks for the tip Smaug . I'll try it out . Broke the oring getting it off , was VERY happy to see a lot of crud , by no rust inside .

Some things you just try to put out of your mind?

Joe is a great guy......got done talking with him a few hours ago. Reluctantly, Im not buying this rifle. Just got back from a 3 week vacation in Wyoming, and I purchased a Wolverine B hilite the week before I left. It has been a fun/expensive month for sure. Quite frankly, I cant afford it right now. Somebody is going to get an awesome rifle for sure. Thanks again Joe

Smaug great tip with the acetone , melted it off like butter . Which is a GOOD thing cause it was a mess Inside the cylinder. I polished up inside with 0000 steel wool so it wouldn't have any high places , parts will be in probably tomorrow and then I'll get to put her together and see how it's shooting . I'm not gonna mount a scope ( gonna save that for its new owner ) just check function and speed .
I can't think of a single reason to accuracy test it since it's new . Talked last night with a guy who has rebuilt a TON of these and he said the bolt that the head twisted off is just for alignment and leave it like it is . So this baby's almost ready for prime time . Looks like Robert ( GoodtoGo) getting a brand new antique. Marksman ( David ) gonna pick one up later .
I know Robert will shoot It and enjoy it . If a guy told me he was just getting it to display it I think I'd pass on selling it . Old boys been sitting on the bench his whole life , time to put him in the game .

Work your magic and let me know the details Joe. One more rifle laying on my kitchen table coming up!

edit: I've been looking at cherry gun cabinets to make my air rifles easier to grab. Even for me over 3 rifles on the kitchen table can be a bit much. Since I'm a caregiver for my wife I get away with some things that others can't ;) .

fNYjOxR.jpg

Hey dude do they have on of those " rustic" furniture stores close by to you ? My stepbrother bought one made of cedar that is BEAUTIFUL !!! It's a display type gun cabinet and I believe it has like a " kiddie proof" little lock . It is gorgeous . What's cool on his where the drawers are it's a pull down shelf I stead of a drawer and it sets up as a display of a gun outside the cabinet ...Robert I'll send you pics soon as she's put back together . Stock has some cool coloring to it

Well the New Antique should be ready this afternoon...Bad as I want to , I'm not gonna post any pics . Ill let Robert do that . Been gathering up bubble wrap and foam here at work all morning . I'm gonna make this shipping carton Gorilla proof !!
A guy shipped me a gun recently in a FedEx double box . Man that things like a hard gun case . That's what I'm shipping her in . I gotta find me a good source for sturdy cardboard boxes . At work our parts come in really flimsy boxes that mainly hold parts together when they are on a pallet .
GoodtoGo (Robert) hasn't seen so much as one picture of the gun and if he's up for it I'm gonna keep it that way and let him unpack it like it was brand new :) I've unboxed my fair share of new guns over the years and its kinda cool not knowing for sure what it's gonna look like .

You were not kidding Joe when you said the gun is tight! The cocking lever is tight but works fine if you remember to kind of snap it closed and push it in when you start to push the release button. Wow Joe was wrapping and wrapping this rifle up! Bubble wrap and peanuts and two boxes(for you old guys think back to the first time you ran into a girdle and panty hose). So I was almost too tired to shoot it. But did take two dozen shots and just to mess with Joe look at the scope I put on it(Its my 200-300yard scope off of one of my bolt action 223s). And Joe the funny thing is since I used two hands to load the pellets it was easier that using one hand on my tx200. But I'll post later with the scope that I'll use on it full time.
Its a stock I would love to redo but I'll leave it alone, but most of the grain is hidden by the stain.
:edit: the rifle is a 1979 Joe.

FbxJKwJ.jpg

Here you go Joe I was using fingers on both sides to load pellets and it was easier than I expected?
fzigHCG.jpg

Like I said I have shot it 2 dozen times and it was at 55' and the chrony read 600fps plus or minus 4. Hold over without mildots didn't help when I was playing with the numbers on the target. So give me a day or two to get it used to me and I'll post some targets in the springer target thread. That hole at the center had 10 pellet go thru it.
GM3yFoU.jpg

Kick Ass Dude !!! Yeah I went a little overboard with the wrapping , but how often do you see a gun in this shape ! Man I'm glad it shoots as good as it looks . My little mini was tight like that when I first changed the breech seal . I SOOOO wanted to strip the stock with the streaking on the other side but it was in such good shape I just couldn't .
It's a shame the original owner didnt get to enjoy it . But I know your gonna put it thru it's paces

Reactions: Goodtogo