30-Yard Challenge

IMG_2785.1653424485.JPG
195-11x. Not bad. No pictures lol 

Good morning everyone,

This morning I got the perfect day to do some target shooting, cool, absolutely dead calm and overcast. I shot two of the 30-Yard Challenge Targets and here is my second effort. I have been doing a lot of testing with various settings on my new rifle and I think I have found a really good pellet, the JSB Exact Monster 13.43gr in .177 cal. The big improvement in accuracy is that I have increased the Hammer Spring setting from 14 to 22 and that is what I shot today. I am having so much fun shooting at this target :)

Be safe and have a great day,
ThomasT

30-Yd-201.1653407999.jpg

You guys are doing great the board is filling up with some nice and even improving scores!

Well, I've been playing this thing so much on and off after work I realized I have not been to the range since I started playing this! Thats 2 months! As mentioned I got a new 800mm barrel that I've been trying to dial in. I finally went to the range yesterday. It works pretty good with slugs in the wind for 100 but the wind was too much for the novice rookie that I am at 200 yards. The impact still needs some work and some tweaks in power required but hopefully that new power block will help. That is if i can find one. 😕 More practice needed for this guy and some trigger work as this gun has a trigger that is way too heavy. Tonight after lightening the trigger I decided to shoot a card but with some super heavy pellets JSB 33.95 jumbo Beast in .22 through the new 800mm tensioned barrel. They still whizzed through at 940 fps and I got 199 card with 16Xs and 8XXs. Not quite as good as my 700mm barrel in 22 but pretty good still at 33 yards! 👌

Allen

20220524_213735.1653454953.jpg

ThomasT thanks you for the new download, I need to use up all the old ones I printed now. 👍 

ThomasT was kind enough to make a better version of our target. You can download the file from the first post. It is much easier to use.

I would have linked it here, but the upload function is currently broken.

Thanks T.

Q. Anyone else seeing that the target prints out very light? I think my Toner is good and so are settings, just curious to see if anyone else is getting very light text print?

Good afternoon everyone,

Beautiful late Spring day here is Deep East Texas, cool, clear skies, light wind, perfect to be outside and enjoying life. Spent all afternoon shooting at this crazy 30-Yard Challenge Target and finally shot one that upped my score a little bit. Score of 163 with 7-X's, shooting 13.43 JSB Exact Monster in my .177 cal FX Crown MK II.

Be safe and have a great day,

ThomasT

30-Yd-202.1653696999.jpg

If you guys are interested….I’ll make up some scoring plugs for this target. A 22 caliber with a .224” scoring diameter is probably the most fitting….plus it works for other targets. It’s nice to have the right tool for the job. If I can put them in an envelope….I’ll cover the cost and shipping. 

Tcarlson…..if you want something different….I’ll do whatever. Just tell me what you want.

Mike 

If you guys are interested….I’ll make up some scoring plugs for this target. A 22 caliber with a .224” scoring diameter is probably the most fitting….plus it works for other targets. It’s nice to have the right tool for the job. If I can put them in an envelope….I’ll cover the cost and shipping. 

Tcarlson…..if you want something different….I’ll do whatever. Just tell me what you want.

Mike 

Mike, 

Very nice and welcome gesture! I might save you an envelope, stamp and sending one .22 plug to me. I use the N50 .224” scoring plug currently with these targets. 

Happy Memorial Day to all!

Good shooting you guys, I am having these targets printed as soon as Tuesday so I can join the fun. Thanks TC for the target.

Good morning Dave,

My pleasure and I can send you more when you need them, just let me know. I have shot all morning since daylight and shot the 30-Yard Challenge Target with my Diana Bandit......OK at 33-feet :)

Have a great Holiday weekend,

ThomasT

Mike 

That would be great, Mike. Thank you.