.30 Vulcan2 - the Copperhead project

We are really lucky to have a guy with such great skill and willingness to share with the group. What you need to know is that behind all this exterior is an eight year old kid dreaming of his next squirrel or rat hunt. Dad gave him a new bb gun and he is peeing his pants ready to drop everything to go hunt. So the kid in him is lurking and excitement at a fevered pitch. Each target is a squirrels eyeball or a scurrying rat. You Mike are a gift to us all!

Reactions: Centercut
Dave, thanks...

Nick, you make me blush... But you know me and everything you say is correct about me and shooting. Every time I head out I get excited, and can't wait to pull the trigger on that first ground squirrel or rat...I enjoy shooting more than I do golf, and that's saying something. My handicap has gone from 3 to about 10 since I started shooting about three years ago. ;(

Dave, thanks...

Nick, you make me blush... But you know me and everything you say is correct about me and shooting. Every time I head out I get excited, and can't wait to pull the trigger on that first ground squirrel or rat...I enjoy shooting more than I do golf, and that's saying something. My handicap has gone from 3 to about 10 since I started shooting about three years ago. ;(

Haha! I don't doubt that one bit. I used to climb mountains every weekend, got into PCPs and I'm out of breath walking to setup targets 🙃

The nice thing about Mike and Nick is when you meet them they are the most helpful people there are. I had never met either one until last month at a shoot Nick invited me to without ever meeting me in person....Guess I didn’t make too much of an ass of myself because they taught me a lot and I was invited to hunt with them. I was hunting with Mike on the “virgin” outing of this rifle. Once a squirrel was spotted Mike would drill it DRT! He even offered to let me shoot the rifle on a squirrel, but I passed. I was working with a new to me Bantam that Mike pointed me towards in 22.

Damn you Mike now I want a Vulcan 30 cal like yours.

Tony P

Reactions: Centercut
With extended cocking handle and CARM single shot loader. 

1584265931_17294194245e6dfacb104d26.98720841.jpeg

They were from the new CARM single shot loader. I was trying it out for the first time yesterday. I was also shooting the 44.75 grain Hatsan Vortex pellets, which IMHO aren’t as consistent as the JSB Exacts. All the other groups posted were from the Vulcan2 magazines as is the group below shot yesterday at 96 yards 6 shots. 

1584318918_8912719135e6ec9c653aa68.91436441.jpeg

1584318950_1921762645e6ec9e6759200.67560606.jpeg