.30 Vulcan2 Tactic - Power Plenum

I'm going to do a new post when I'm done with the gun, modifications, tuning, efficiency, accuracy, and cosmetics. But, this is a snippet of what the stock will look like after the hydro dip. It was tough to get it right, since the black synthetic stock is not smooth, and is more of a "pebbled" texture. Its not done yet, and the clear coat isn't applied, but its gonna be a bad looking mama jama! ;) Skull pattern over orange lava pearl basecoat... Now if only I could shoot like John Tafoya, Justin Welch, or Matt Dubber… (three best PMC scores at 2019 RMAC).

1581618246_2256099245e4594464c1ce7.63264809_Vulcan stock dip (2).png

Wow! You win stock of the year! Looks like a bit of orange peel maybe wet sand with 2000grit

That’s the texture of the stock from the factory. It’s slightly “pebbled” for better grip. The guy that did the hydro dip did a great job. It was my idea to use the orange base coat instead of white which is the standard way of doing it.

Wow! You win stock of the year! Looks like a bit of orange peel maybe wet sand with 2000grit

That’s the texture of the stock from the factory. It’s slightly “pebbled” for better grip. The guy that did the hydro dip did a great job. It was my idea to use the orange base coat instead of white which is the standard way of doing it.

Looks awesome 

C’Cut, why do you have to be so flashy man? You’d think driving around that hot pink VW Passat of yours blaring Def Leppard’s “Pour Some Sugar On Me” would get you enough attention! 🤣😁😂🤣😅

Seriously though, love the colors and finish of that dip job. That’s a talented dude who pulled that off, for sure. Now let’s see that Vulcan sing baby. 

Nice work Mike, it's amazing what can be done to these factory guns. If nothing else you'll make way less trips to the fill station with your extended shot count. Funny how the airgun manufacturers don't figure this all out and incorporate the mods from the beginning. You see the same thing through out a lot of industries though, maybe just the natural advancement of ingenuity and technology plus if they did it all (if we knew what that is) we'd be bored not having anything to experiment with lol. 

Jimmy

@redick

Tranquila Grasshopper... These things take time. I'm not retired. ;)

I took the gun hunting this past Sunday for ground squirrels, so I didn't get to shoot it at 100 yards for groups. I did sight it in at 50 yards, and then shot seven ground squirrels at 35 to 70 yards, didn't miss one. the 35 yard shot was a head shot with the squirrel looking right at me, truly brutal. I'm not a polymag guy, for me accuracy is the most important, since if you can't hit it, you can't kill it. Polymags are good under 75 yards, but start to get squirrely past that. And I'm good for out to about 150 yards with the .30 Vulcan2 Tactic. Once I get the groups down on paper I'll write a new topic on the entire project with lots of photos.

One thing you'll note with your new gun is that it'll only get 18 to 20 shots per 250 bar fill with the 44.75 JSB. This doesn't mean the gun is inefficient, it means it has a small pressure tube. The actual useful volume is about 240cc. That was unacceptable to me which is why I did the project in the first place. I significantly increased the gun's efficiency with the power plenum and valve house porting. I'm up to about 30 shots per fill now from 250bar fill at about 865 FPS. If you think about it, that is very close to the efficiency of the .30 Impact Mk2 with new Power Plenum, or about 60 shots per 480cc of air. For reference, the .30 Bobcat Mk2 that I shot with at EBR 2019, which has a 480cc pressure tube, gets 40 shots on a 250 bar fill.

@redick

Tranquila Grasshopper... These things take time. I'm not retired. ;)

I took the gun hunting this past Sunday for ground squirrels, so I didn't get to shoot it at 100 yards for groups. I did sight it in at 50 yards, and then shot seven ground squirrels at 35 to 70 yards, didn't miss one. the 35 yard shot was a head shot with the squirrel looking right at me, truly brutal. I'm not a polymag guy, for me accuracy is the most important, since if you can't hit it, you can't kill it. Polymags are good under 75 yards, but start to get squirrely past that. And I'm good for out to about 150 yards with the .30 Vulcan2 Tactic. Once I get the groups down on paper I'll write a new topic on the entire project with lots of photos.

One thing you'll note with your new gun is that it'll only get 18 to 20 shots per 250 bar fill with the 44.75 JSB. This doesn't mean the gun is inefficient, it means it has a small pressure tube. The actual useful volume is about 240cc. That was unacceptable to me which is why I did the project in the first place. I significantly increased the gun's efficiency with the power plenum and valve house porting. I'm up to about 30 shots per fill now from 250bar fill at about 865 FPS. If you think about it, that is very close to the efficiency of the .30 Impact Mk2 with new Power Plenum, or about 60 shots per 480cc of air. For reference, the .30 Bobcat Mk2 that I shot with at EBR 2019, which has a 480cc pressure tube, gets 40 shots on a 250 bar fill.

Lol I can be impatient at times! I love to read and was anticipating your post I apologize. Thanks for posting what you could. Whats your regulator pressure set too? I was thinking of turning mines (fps)down to around 820-825fps for the polymags as they love the slower speeds I found out and hit HARD w/ excellent expansion! With the slower speeds that should yield some quieter shooting and a couple more shots.? Thanks for the post keep up the good work