.30 Vulcan 2 INSANE ES!

Hi Centercut, how's the noise of this beast ? Do you consider it backyard friendly with the moderator ? My nearest neighbour is at about 120 yards from my home and I don't want to make him angry when shooting this gun. Until now I hesitate between the Vulcan 2 and the Uragan , both in .30 . Guess that they are both the same regarding accuracy , noise….

Thanks for your opinion

Aldea6

With the Sumo it’s backyard friendly. I’d wait on the Uragan. It’s a totally new design for AGT. It’s not like they took a Vulcan and put a large thin air bottle in it. The regulator, firing valve, etc are completely different compared to their tried and true reliable design... It’s like buying a new car the first year they are released. There are always issues and kinks that need to be worked out. Look at the first generation FX Impact for example. ;)

@centercut 

You make a good point regarding the changes to the design on the uragan. I think I am fully decided now on the Vulcan being my next toy. Mine will be .25 though and will compliment my mini C and Collibri just perfectly I think. I just think the Vulcan has the edge on the cricket pup looks wise and certainly seems to be performing great :)

I am also hunting for the razor hd lh. Unfortunately over here across the pond they are not cheep so am hoping to snatch one second hand. How do you find the recticle? Not too fine and enough aim points? I like the half mil dash style personally. Are you dialling it or just holding over? 

Oh yeah, may the 4th be with you guys! :)

@swami, I think the reticle is perfect. And the HD glass is as good as it gets. It’s not a clicker though, it’s definitely a holdover scope. The turrets, while good with good feedback, are small and have a cover. Oh, and it’s about half the weight of those Nightforce scopes that everyone seems to be overly excited about. ;) I think this Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 is every bit as good as the Nightforce SHV. 

Update on my experience with the 45gr and the 50 grain JSB in the V2 Tactic the 45's (44.75) continue to do well as I finished up another tin today (really not much else to do in the weather we are having and while the step kids are here...)

I'm right there with the folks that tell you no 2 barrels are the same but I've heard this about the 50.15gr jsbs many times, and quite a few of those times (recently at least) from Vulcan and or FX shooters. So I'm not done testing yet. Want to try slightly higher speeds as well as slightly lower but I'd say 60% of the 50gr pellets fired (consistent pressure, I'm tethered but I did NOT chrony today) went spiraling big time. It cloudy and rainy but the condions just worked out so that I could see the pellets starting at about have way to the 75 targets with the dark background.

This was much worse than my (still not great) experience with the 50's in recent days. I'll need to get the chrony out to help with this but the only difference I know of over the past several days is that my tethered (so both the gun tank and the SCBA tank) dropped below 180 bar and I mean just below 180. Maybe my reg is set that high and things got worse today because I dropped off. And, maybe that's why I only get 20-23 shots per fill when not tethered. The 45's are still working GREAT at 75y though. 

If anyone wants some 50.15gr .30 cal JSB's to test compared to the 45's and promise to report back your results from your gun along with appropriate details.... then just PM me and I'll send you enough to test. I would really like these to work, we just need to figure out how to get them there or pick on JSB to try something different.

@jcd, went hunting yesterday and brought the Vulcan 2, along with the .22 Eddy. Shot some 50.1 at 50 yards and they were horrible. About 1.5 inch groups. It got really windy before I had a chance to shoot the 44.8s, So I put the gun away and took the Eddy for some squirrel schwackin’. First 3 shots, all head shots, 83, 63, and 86 yards. Then had to go home for “honey do” list... ;(

@swami, I think the reticle is perfect. And the HD glass is as good as it gets. It’s not a clicker though, it’s definitely a holdover scope. The turrets, while good with good feedback, are small and have a cover. Oh, and it’s about half the weight of those Nightforce scopes that everyone seems to be overly excited about. ;) I think this Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 is every bit as good as the Nightforce SHV.

Yeah that was one of my main criteria for a bullpup scope, it needs to be light weight. 

Fwiw I think he shv is to compromised for me and similar quality scopes are half the cost, although it does have a great reticle.

Look forward to reading more on your Vulcan. I just know you will be customising it somehow ;)

@swami, you’re probably right, but that won’t be till after RMAC in Utah June 6 to 9. I’m bringing the .22 Cricket mini for Speed Event, .22 Eddy R3 Long for PRS, and the .30 Bobcat Terminator for the 100 yard event. Just shooting those 3 from now until after. In fact, I’m in the middle of re-tuning the Cricket as we speak...

@swami, thanks. Derrick @zx10wall is sharing an Air BnB with me for the Tournament, so The Terminator and Purple Rain will be working as a team... ;)

De-tuned the Mini, removed power plenum and reduced reg pressure from 145 to 135 bar, replaced stronger hammer spring with stock spring and set speed with 18.1s to 860 FPS. It’s the most laser beam set up like that, plus it’s shorter and easier to cock so faster. Speed Event is no more than 70 yards so it should be good. PRS goes out to 100 yards and time isn’t a scoring factor so Eddy will be shooting 25.4 grain RD Monsters at 925 FPS. 

1557083017_2337039545ccf3389379071.18124131_6F09F597-DCD4-4740-B92B-2389702E7AA5.jpeg

Thanks! Thats a Skull Pattern over a burnt orange base coat, and a gloss clear coat over top the dip pattern.

Yes, using PP on .30 Vulcan2 Tactic. Just one. Tried two in series but it didn't help much, got to the point of decreasing returns. I think you can get the PP from Ernest on eBay when he has them in stock. The Valve House needs minor mods for the VH to screw into the PP. I had a machinist friend do it but Derrick @zx10wall did his with hand tools....

04669594-DF66-46D8-B673-62CD736C4999.1600971022.jpeg