.30 uragan

Being intrigued lately in the .30 cal segment. The Impact is, and will always be out of my price range, but there are a few others that have my attention. The uragan being the one I’m looking at the most (mostly because they’re in stock, and seem to be well made). 
who has experience with these? And would you put them up against the wildcat and others in this caliber?

I don’t see .30 cal as a plinking or target gun, so obviously I would be using it for backyard pesting and hunting on a friends 150 acre property. I would like to know if these would hold up to the rigors or hiking through the woods, and if they shoot well away from the bench. If you have other recommendations I’m open!

I just got a .30 Uragan in he last 2 weeks and it came to me shooting the 44.75 JSB’s at 910-916. Very accurate too. I wanted a gun that has less o rings (leak points) than the Impact (and yes, I owned one it did not leak, but I only owned it 2 months), and a little simpler. I am not a tinkerer, more of a set it and forget it, let’s go hunting person.

Like any gun, depends how you dress it. Mine weighs 11.14#. It has a big bottle standard. Mine has a Donny FL Ronin on it, and a ATN 4K Pro 3-14 on it. It’s for shooting skunks and raccoons at night, from a fixed position. The scope alone weighs like 2.5#, the Ronin is a must. I consider it a mid range bench gun, that is simpler (a lot less to go wrong) and cheaper version of the FX Impact. I don’t consider it a walkabout hunting rifle any more than I would an Impact in .30, with the big bottle, 700mm barrel and Saber Tactical accessories. Same for a gun like the Edgun Matador , and several others. Now my Artemis P15’s-those are walkabout hunters.

You must be a lot younger and in better shape than I. I’m 64 with multiple disabilities, heck I’m only 5’6” and weigh 120#. Any gun over 6# bare is a heavy gun-to me.

40, 6’5” and 235lbs. Its about the best conditioning for elk season! Im so used to carrying full diameter varmint rifles all these airguns are feathers. But compared to my brococks, the uragan def feels heftier..

Like any gun, depends how you dress it. Mine weighs 11.14#. It has a big bottle standard. Mine has a Donny FL Ronin on it, and a ATN 4K Pro 3-14 on it. It’s for shooting skunks and raccoons at night, from a fixed position. The scope alone weighs like 2.5#, the Ronin is a must. I consider it a mid range bench gun, that is simpler (a lot less to go wrong) and cheaper version of the FX Impact. I don’t consider it a walkabout hunting rifle any more than I would an Impact in .30, with the big bottle, 700mm barrel and Saber Tactical accessories. Same for a gun like the Edgun Matador , and several others. Now my Artemis P15’s-those are walkabout hunters.

"I consider it a mid range bench gun" Just curious how far is "mid range" as I am considering buying a Uragan .30 and would be very happy if it would shoot MOA or close out to 100 yards with pellets maybe a try a slug or two now and then.

RB