.30 Rainstorm?

I have a 53fpe .25 and a 70+fpe .25. I have been thinking about a .257 condor because I love the ballistics, but the platform is just not comfortable for me. So, I have been thinking about a .30? I am not a pup fan and even though I really like the Flex, it wears an AR buttstock which I don't like. Really only leaves the rainstorm. What kind of power and shot count is this gun getting? How is the trigger? Do any of the available ldc's tame the bark?

"MattChastain"Is the fx boss not an option for you. That is a very good .30 gun with lots of good reviews and even some really good placing in extreme bench rest. The rainstorm is a good rifle but I think you could get better accuracy from the boss.
Since you are spending his money may as well get a Daystate Wolverine 303 Hi Lite. It's only about 3 grand :)

I went with the working man's 30 cal and got a Hatsan BT65 QE 30 cal. Hatsan factory tuned it for 21 shots at 73 FPE. With the mods I'm having done it will be shooting close to 100 FPE for 14 shots. The trigger is set for 13 oz and it's shrouded. Not M-Rod quiet but I shoot it in my backyard. In it's factory form I was hitting bottle caps at 85 yards with no problem at all. After the mods I will do a complete review.

Matt, thanks for your response. The Boss is not an option. Actually had one in my possession for a couple of weeks. Nice gun but way to much money for my needs.

Blackdiesel, thanks for responding. I am glad to here what you got going on with the carnivore. I wrote it off because previous hatsan experience was not very good. If the trigger is that workable and you are getting 100fpe for 14 shots, I look forward to your review and any further info you might give me!!

Thanks guys much appreciated!!

I would still like to get some info on the rainstorm .30!!

I've been waiting on an in depth review of that .30 Rainstorm myself AJ.
Hoping to have my hands on a .22 Blizzard from Will Piatt this weekend.
It will be my first Evanix. Will say's it's shooting the 21 grain H&N's around 900 FPS.
Always wanted one of his guns ;-)
I'll really be looking into the .30 RS if I like the ol' Blizzard!

Diesel, I'm going the opposite way LOL!.......Bought the FX 400 in .22 first, and now trying the Evanix .22.
Gonna be hard since I'm used to having 70 to 80 shots on a fill from the FX and dropping to roughly 22 shots on the Blizzard though?
Heck if it's anywhere near as accurate as the FX, why not go Evanix for half the price when I look into getting a .30? 
Dummy me......I don't hunt.......don't know why I want anything bigger than .22?
I have my one and only .25 in the Cricket carbine. Have no desire for another .25, but I do want at least one rifle in .30 and that darn Rainstorm intrigues me for some reason?

After the smack down I put on a big raccoon getting into my trash a couple of hours ago with a 70fpe .25, I have no clue why I need a .30?? O ya, I don't have a .30!! Good enough reason for me!!

Jimmy, you got a daggone .50!! LOL. What more do you need?? I go back to work Monday. I will see if I can get you a barrel from the Abrams Tank. You could hook your nitrogen tank to it!! That would be awesome!! Imagine how those big blast targets would explode!! LMBO

Reactions: CampFussell