.30 Polymag testing

Hey guys,Very exciting to be one of the first to field test the new .30 Polymags,a new product made by Predator International,inc. I received a box that was sent by Dick via Priority mail that made it to my house late Sunday evening just in time for some testing Monday morning..html]
image_zpsmezz42jk.jpg
[/url][/img] Dick was kind enough to provide a very nice zippered pouch that I intend to use on future hunts,very handy for keeping the tins together. I set out Monday morning for the American Air Arms facility located in the high desert of Southern California where such guns as the .357 Slayer are built and tested. Myself along with the help of Tom Costan decided to start the day by doing some group therapy with these 44.75g beastly looking .30s.
image_zpsvioaiedx.jpg
[/url][/img][/URL] The gun I used for the testing was a custom Evenix Rainstorm with a .30 Tj enterprises barrel that puts out some good FPE. The pellets were shooting at 910fps and the height of the shot curve,more than enough power to get them out to the 85yrd target..html]
image_zpsbuk1qs8e.jpg
[/URL]http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/danawebbs/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps7pjrxmxh.jpg[/img.html]
image_zps7pjrxmxh.jpg
[/url][/img][/URL]The day was a bit cloudy with a very slight breeze from the right but offered some pleasant target conditions. I was very pleased with the groups I was getting even though I by no means am a paper puncher..html]
image_zpsb3zjduwp.jpg
[/url][/img][/URL] I did several 5 shot groups and was beginning to feel confident in the pellets hunting capabilities,having some serious fun watching the plywood get blown apart too. I wanted to test the expansion of the pellets so I used a batch of mud that I had dumped into a plastic jug,figured this may mimic flesh fairly accurately..html]
image_zpsjfsfhpmj.jpg
[/url][/img][/URL]The expansion was very massive and had given me the instant conclusion that these pellets would be absolutely devastating on game such as large Jackrabbits and even Coyotes. At this point of the day I decided to head out for a short hunt near our facility where I soon was able to take a Cottontail at 30yrds. The sound these pellets make when they hit bone and flesh is unreal and unlike other pellets..html]
image_zps6rl12er0.jpg
[/URL]http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/danawebbs/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zpspvl4lw2j.jpg[/img.html]
image_zpspvl4lw2j.jpg
[/URL]http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/danawebbs/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps0vx12bv2.jpg[/img.html]
image_zps0vx12bv2.jpg
[/url][/img][/URL] I was able to make my shot through the neck,out the skull and actually blew off part of the rabbits ear. The .30 Polymags are definitely a pellet I would trust to use on large game such as Coyotes and monster Jackrabbits. By the end of the day I was feeling confident that I would no doubt use them out to 100+yrds for hunting. I really enjoyed the opportunity I've had to test and hunt with these fine pellets,cant wait to use them on some big stuff in the next few weeks. Thanks to all involved and hope to share some more very soon!

Reactions: cubo