.30 Marauder project begins

It is an unchoked barrel, that is for certain. It probably will shoot cast good. As good of results as I am getting at 75 yards, I see no need to shoot anything but jsb's. Didn't put up a target, but have a 1 inch spinner at 75 and it is almost to easy even without using a good rest!!

So far very impressed with this TJ .30 1:26 barrel and 44gr JSB's

In all honesty, I really didn't feel a need for a .30 as I figured that best case scenario was that the .30 would shoot a 44gr pellet at the same speed my .25's will shoot a 43gr pellet. Which it does and I am happy about, but it makes roughly the exact same FPE, so was it worth it??

I have yet to shoot any critters with it yet, but based on the accuracy thus far, it was well worth it!! This thing shoots really good!! I am SOLD on the .30 cal!!

I hope this don't come off as if I'm pooping in your thread. But you could have gotten a production 30 cal for less. And a simple valve mod and hammer adjustment can have it shooting with a lot more power and higher shot count than this version. Again, not trying to be a Negative Nancy, this is coming from someone who is NOT a serious tinkerer.

I really enjoyed watching your progress on this build. I really don't have any experience doing this sort of thing, but would love to give it a try. I do have a .22 marauder that needs work.

Glad the .30 upgrade is working well for you. I also love the .30 pellet, and now its hard to even look at a .177 they are just so tiny next to it. Anyway good job and look forward to seeing future updates.

Great job AJ! Thanks for sharing. I love projects too. Tinkering is a destination all by itself sometimes. Of course you always hope for a good out come. And think of it this way, now you have something unique.

I would think the 30 would be more accurate with the JSB's than a .25 shooting Eun jin's. Just for the fact that JSB's are a more accurate pellet generally.