30 fpe ". 22 vs. 25

Forums Pellets, Projectiles, & Ammo 30 fpe ". 22 vs. 25

• Views : 315
  • Link

Raden1942
    Participant

Hey guys just had a question about terminal performance. The gamo swarm mag has about a 28 fpe with certain .22 lead pellets at the muzzle. Similarly the hatsan 125 in  25 cal puts out the same fpe. My question is this what would you prefer and why? I think the 22 would be better for medium sized game because of less bullet drop and all that 25 could be better because it will retain more energy down range. Am i missing anything? 

Link

Motorhead
    Participant

.22 being a tad faster shooting with less drop over any given distance … Less cyclic recoil too.  * .22 IMO is superior at that power & being shot via piston pneumatics.

JMO tho …

Link

Almeidaken
    Participant

.25 hatsan because it shoots under 1000 fps which is good for accuracy. Gamo might be hold sensitive due to the power it packs, also the 28 FPE .22 is at the muzzle. it will be lower at 30 yards, while the .25 will retain more power at same distance. 

Link

Spray1Mark
    Participant

30 FPE in my limited experience is too low for .25 to make trajectory easy to judge, perhaps consider the new .177 HP Wolverine R for 30FT BC smashing package!

Link

Glem.Chally
    Participant

.22 forsure.

Link

Coldair
    Participant

There is a BIG price difference between the Gamo Swarm and Hatsan 125 compared to the Daystate Wolvering HP

in 177 shooting 30fpe with what I will most logically assume would be the Eun Jin or Seneca 16.1gr heavy domes 

or the JSB Beast 16.2gr for accuracy shooting a 177 at such a screaming hot power level.

I am not sure that is a reasonable option though wouldn't doubt that would do the trick.

I would just use the gun and caliber that YOU CAN reliably hit a 1 inch target the size of a quarter

most consistently at the maximum distance you intend to take your shots at your game.

CA

• This reply was modified 4 days ago by Coldair.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.