I’m shooting 50 grain JSBs in the 860s. 

Link

Simshaz
    Participant

Good shooting. 

Link

ashes5
    Participant

I shoot like you. When the cross hairs are on the target pull the trigger. I see people that put the cross hairs on the animal and sit there and watch them for awhile. Sometimes the animals move and they never get the shot. I actually practice shooting quick. Nice shooting

Link

Bullfrog
    Participant

Sometimes I take a while. I even get complaints about how long I take on my Youtube channel. It depends on what the animal is doing. I could tell this possum was about to leave so I took the shot as fast as I could. I was directly upwind of him. He acted like he smelled me. 

Link

Bullfrog
    Participant

That’s also a benefit of the .30. I know I have some leeway to miss the mark a bit and still kill the possum because of the energy and large wound channel of the .30 platform. 

Link

Helimech
    Participant

Great shot 

Link

ashes5
    Participant

I killed a lot of possum along with coon trapping when I was young. They are not an easy animal to kill. They also have a nasty set of dentures. 

Link

DuncanHynes
    Participant

.22 18gr at 890fps works too on them. Talk about quick, I would open my back door and have 3 seconds to shoulder the rifle, get a sight picture and decide if he isnt moving by then to take a head shot. Got 3 that way. What is the night vision you have?

Link

Dartagnan
    Participant

POSSUM DOWN!!!  Good shot!

Link

Jayman07770
    Participant

Continue posting some more videos on hunting with  the .30 Flex. I’m seriously thinking of buying one too. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.