.30 Flex 100 yard group

Forums PCP Airguns .30 Flex 100 yard group

• Views : 1087
  • Link

Bullfrog
    Participant

Its taken me over a year to sit down and do it, but I finally shot a review of the .30 WAR Flex. I’ve got about 2 hours of video to edit down to 20 minutes or so. Here was an excerpt from some of the 100 yards shooting I did today:

Link

2511bless
    Participant

That is a very accurate rifle. Great shooting 

Link

dirtbikerick
    Participant

Very nice shooting, impressive, as soon as I saw the last shot I said a special word and then “flier”. Thanks for the video.

Link

Crusher
    Participant

Nice!  Thanks for sharing. 

Crusher

Link

mark2cars
    Participant

Simply amazing !!! We all get a mulligan (lol) !

Link

SocalTrail
    Participant

I want one of these sooooooo bad.  Hopefully I’ll be ordering one by the end of the year.  What a hammer!!! Great video 

Link

Oregun
    Participant

Fantastic shooting and great video…  thanks for sharing, Bullfrog!

Link

jking
    Participant

Heck yeah Bullfrog great shooting. That’s about as good as it gets I believe. If it hadn’t been for bee crawling on your ear on that last shot……
    Jimmy

Link

YamahaR1
    Participant

Great shooting!! I love my .30 cal flex they are great shooting air rifles and for me it’s a gun I’ll keep forever. Did you get the new hammer and cobra valve in your flex?

Link

Bullfrog
    Participant

“YamahaR1”Great shooting!! I love my .30 cal flex they are great shooting air rifles and for me it’s a gun I’ll keep forever. Did you get the new hammer and cobra valve in your flex?

I’ve still got the old WAR valve, but I did add a Cobra regulator and a light hammer/spring. 

Link

blackdiesel
    Participant

Are you shooting pellets or slugs?

Link

Bullfrog
    Participant

“blackdiesel”Are you shooting pellets or slugs?

Pellets, 44.75 JSBs. I do cast slugs for the gun, 63 grain Bob’s Boattails, but I’ve quit using them since I regulated the gun. I’m enjoying the gun much more as a pellet shooter than a slug shooter. 

Link

hvack
    Participant

“Bullfrog”

Pellets, 44.75 JSBs. I do cast slugs for the gun, 63 grain Bob’s Boattails, but I’ve quit using them since I regulated the gun. I’m enjoying the gun much more as a pellet shooter than a slug shooter. 

Just curious as to why you prefer pellets if you are set up with cast stuff for slugs ? What speed are you shooting your pellets?

Link

blackdiesel
    Participant

Thanks – I remember you mentioned that you cast slugs in an earlier post.  I shoot pellets in my 30 cals too.  The main reason is that I haven’t found a slug as accurate as pellets in this caliber.  When I had 35 cals I was always able to shoot round balls and EPP slugs as accurate as pellets.  Another reason I use pellets is that they are providing more than enough energy on impact to dispatch any animal I would hunt with a 30 cal anyway.

Link

Bullfrog
    Participant

“hvack”

“Bullfrog”

Just curious as to why you prefer pellets if you are set up with cast stuff for slugs ? What speed are you shooting your pellets?

I’m shooting the 44.75 grain JSB pellets at a regulated 860-865 fps with my regulated pressure set for either 2100 or 2200psi (currently 2200psi in the video). I can get near 60 shots on a 3600 psi fill. 

I prefer the slugs at 900fps. I can only get that unregulated on a 3600psi fill and peaking around 3200psi for 7 shots and also using the old WAR heavy hammer and spring. 

So to constantly go between pellets and bullets, I’d have to take the regulator off and change out my hammer and spring. Its easier to just leave the gun configured for pellets, and the gun is so much more efficent with pellets. 

And like Black Diesel said, I believe I can kill anything I want out to 100 yards with the pellets at 74fpe. At 100 yards, the pellets still shoot thru 3/4″ pine or a gallon jug of water. I have those penetration tests in my review when I get it posted 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.