.30 Flex 100 yard group

"Bullfrog"
"blackdiesel"Are you shooting pellets or slugs?
Pellets, 44.75 JSBs. I do cast slugs for the gun, 63 grain Bob's Boattails, but I've quit using them since I regulated the gun. I'm enjoying the gun much more as a pellet shooter than a slug shooter.
Just curious as to why you prefer pellets if you are set up with cast stuff for slugs ? What speed are you shooting your pellets?

Thanks - I remember you mentioned that you cast slugs in an earlier post. I shoot pellets in my 30 cals too. The main reason is that I haven't found a slug as accurate as pellets in this caliber. When I had 35 cals I was always able to shoot round balls and EPP slugs as accurate as pellets. Another reason I use pellets is that they are providing more than enough energy on impact to dispatch any animal I would hunt with a 30 cal anyway.

"hvack"
"Bullfrog"
"blackdiesel"Are you shooting pellets or slugs?
Pellets, 44.75 JSBs. I do cast slugs for the gun, 63 grain Bob's Boattails, but I've quit using them since I regulated the gun. I'm enjoying the gun much more as a pellet shooter than a slug shooter.
Just curious as to why you prefer pellets if you are set up with cast stuff for slugs ? What speed are you shooting your pellets?
I'm shooting the 44.75 grain JSB pellets at a regulated 860-865 fps with my regulated pressure set for either 2100 or 2200psi (currently 2200psi in the video). I can get near 60 shots on a 3600 psi fill. 

I prefer the slugs at 900fps. I can only get that unregulated on a 3600psi fill and peaking around 3200psi for 7 shots and also using the old WAR heavy hammer and spring. 

So to constantly go between pellets and bullets, I'd have to take the regulator off and change out my hammer and spring. Its easier to just leave the gun configured for pellets, and the gun is so much more efficent with pellets. 

And like Black Diesel said, I believe I can kill anything I want out to 100 yards with the pellets at 74fpe. At 100 yards, the pellets still shoot thru 3/4" pine or a gallon jug of water. I have those penetration tests in my review when I get it posted