• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.30 Delta Wolf at 136 yards

I feel like I have a good tune on my Delta Wolf now. This polygonal rifled barrel really likes the .30 JSB 50.15 grainers. I shot some steel this evening at 136 yards. The Delta impressed me with some nice groups.

This gun is growing on me. It will be nice to try some different calibers as the barrel kits become available. Here are 2 of my best groups at 136 yards. 5-shots each. 50.15 grainers at 870 fps. 
6DCA2BE3-19C7-4B03-B68F-0FFBF27FC617.1626918364.jpeg
10B4184C-F3EF-4519-A0E2-8513AF5BCCC1.1626918713.jpeg
2FBBE246-9606-4DF2-8A82-7E7D5C379A51.1626918714.jpeg

Don't buy it, Y'all! 

That's my shooting plate, my thumb, and my hundred-yard groups... shot with my .177 Gamo springer shooting 5.3 grain alloy pellets at 1250 FPS.

Besides, I happen to know for a fact that ZX10 guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn... if he was standing in it!

@Airngasman Wow! That sounds like some type of gun. I had no idea people even shot springers at 100 yards. You’re getting super sonic speeds on .177 pellets and tight groups like that @ 100 yards? What type of tune or modifications did you have to do to achieve that result?

"What type of tune or modifications did you have to do to achieve that result?" I hate to share trade secrets, Ezana; but being the humanitarian I am I'll do it this time for the betterment of Humanity.

I installed a magnesium piston-head in my Gamo Ultra-Bango, and spray a shot of WD40 into the compression chamber before each shot. Hearing protection required.

What? 

@airngasman I figured it was something out of the ordinary considering your background. I don’t know much about springers, but the guys I speak to that use them are hunting and shooting quarry within 50 yards. The other element of your claim I found interesting is that you’re getting tight groups at 100 yards with pellets. I’ve read several members state that they prefer slugs when shooting 100 yards or better for accuracy reasons. You definitely broached territory that is new to me with that post. Thanks for sharing because I couldn’t figure out what you’d done. 

To answer your questions (plural) Ezana, yes.

😂 Ok y'all got me. Now I can laugh since I have a better understanding. When I looked up some of what you were saying I felt dumb as hell. I really looked up a "magnesium piston head" and saw that it was something used in Stihl chainsaws. I also read a little more about dieseling, but it didn't add up. I guess that's what I get for commenting in the "Bench Rest" forum.