Become an AGN forum member to be included in our multi-thousand dollar Monthly Airgun Giveaways! Winning is as easy as picking a number, no strings attached! This is our way of thanking you for being a part of the worlds biggest airgun forum. Yours truly, Michael Wendt - Owner.
Join HERE

.30 Delta Wolf at 136 yards

Forums Benchrest Benchrest Talk .30 Delta Wolf at 136 yards

• Views : 379
  • Link

zx10wall
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +69

I feel like I have a good tune on my Delta Wolf now. This polygonal rifled barrel really likes the .30 JSB 50.15 grainers. I shot some steel this evening at 136 yards. The Delta impressed me with some nice groups.

This gun is growing on me. It will be nice to try some different calibers as the barrel kits become available. Here are 2 of my best groups at 136 yards. 5-shots each. 50.15 grainers at 870 fps. 

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by zx10wall.
    Link

Elis5173
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +11

Very nice groups. What settings are you using? I'm going to try to get out to the range this weekend and put my delta wolf to the test with the 44.75 and 50 gr jsbs. I also have some nsa slugs I want to test at 100 yards.

Link

Centercut
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +178

Absolutely. Stand by RMAC and EBR. Those are winners!  Nice shooting brother. ;)

Link

zx10wall
    Participant
    United States

Elis5173

Very nice groups. What settings are you using? I'm going to try to get out to the range this weekend and put my delta wolf to the test with the 44.75 and 50 gr jsbs. I also have some nsa slugs I want to test at 100 yards.

Reg set: 138 bar

Hammer: 3160

Voltage: 79.5

Link

Elis5173
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +11

Thanks I just added that to my delta wolf . Will post the results when I make it to the range. 

Link

FunGun
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +34

Nice job!

Link

trlrman
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +1

Yes Sir !!! Very nice .

Link

stoti
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +87

Nice shooting Derrick. It’s such a cool gun… Accurate and a ton of power!

Link

Crusher
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +29

Nice shootin' !  At over 100 yards too. Very nice. BTW, It isn't just the tune that makes it that accurate. This is one awesome gun. And, the shooter may know a little bit too :)

Crusher

Link

Jayson
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +7

You can knock that crap off right now😜 nice shooting Derrick, looks like I will be bringing a EMP gun to RMAC just in case👍🏻

Link

zx10wall
    Participant
    United States

Jayson

You can knock that crap off right now😜 nice shooting Derrick, looks like I will be bringing a EMP gun to RMAC just in case👍🏻

Haha! Calm down sir 😄

You don’t need that EMP. Just your skills. Don’t let let up and go easy on us this next time. Full steam baby!! 👊🏼

Link

AirNGasman
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +37

Don't buy it, Y'all! 

That's my shooting plate, my thumb, and my hundred-yard groups… shot with my .177 Gamo springer shooting 5.3 grain alloy pellets at 1250 FPS.

Besides, I happen to know for a fact that ZX10 guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn… if he was standing in it!

Link

Ezana4CE
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +12

AirNGasman

Don't buy it, Y'all! 

That's my shooting plate, my thumb, and my hundred-yard groups… shot with my .177 Gamo springer shooting 5.3 grain alloy pellets at 1250 FPS.

Besides, I happen to know for a fact that ZX10 guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn… if he was standing in it!

@airngasman Wow! That sounds like some type of gun.  I had no idea people even shot springers at 100 yards.  You’re getting super sonic speeds on .177 pellets and tight groups like that @ 100 yards? What type of tune or modifications did you have to do to achieve that result?

Link

AirNGasman
    Participant
    United States

"What type of tune or modifications did you have to do to achieve that result?" I hate to share trade secrets, Ezana; but being the humanitarian I am I'll do it this time for the betterment of Humanity.

I installed a magnesium piston-head in my Gamo Ultra-Bango, and spray a shot of WD40 into the compression chamber before each shot. Hearing protection required.

What? 

Link

Ezana4CE
    Participant
    United States

@airngasman I figured it was something out of the ordinary considering your background. I don’t know much about springers, but the guys I speak to that use them are hunting and shooting quarry within 50 yards. The other element of your claim I found interesting is that you’re getting tight groups at 100 yards with pellets. I’ve read several members state that they prefer slugs when shooting 100 yards or better for accuracy reasons. You definitely broached territory that is new to me with that post. Thanks for sharing because I couldn’t figure out what you’d done. 

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Ezana4CE.
    Link

zx10wall
    Participant
    United States

That AirNGasman is full of it. If he’s speaking, he’s lying 🤥 

🤣

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by zx10wall.
    Link

bertman77mk2
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +1

Thank you gas man and Derrick—-ya all made my night!!🤣. Now pass the popcorn…..

Link

Ezana4CE
    Participant
    United States

zx10wall

That AirNGasman is full of it. If he’s speaking, he’s lying 🤥 

🤣

Was he drunk? I feel like I’m in the middle of an inside joke. 

Link

AirNGasman
    Participant
    United States

To answer your questions (plural) Ezana, yes.

Link

Ezana4CE
    Participant
    United States

AirNGasman

To answer your questions (plural) Ezana, yes.

😂 Ok y'all got me. Now I can laugh since I have a better understanding. When I looked up some of what you were saying I felt dumb as hell. I really looked up a "magnesium piston head" and saw that it was something used in Stihl chainsaws. I also read a little more about dieseling, but it didn't add up. I guess that's what I get for commenting in the "Bench Rest" forum.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Ezana4CE.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.