I hear you YO. I shoot varmint knockers and bbt hp out of my armada .25, but when you go up in caliber so does the destruction. I shot a 50 grain Nielsen into a 5 gallon buck of water just for reference @ 920 . Nice expansion. 
1596001379_6263473165f210c633ba095.78685463.jpeg

HI here is my input , where I live only .22 cal is legal for hunting , so I have many pellet and ,22 cal slug guns ,

I do own 3 ,25 calibers , and I have 1 .30 caliber it is a Edgun r5super long ,

I really love the .30 caliber for extra power and slug choices , I have taken coyotes with them and wow they amazing ,

I just ordered a new .30 caliber repeater from AOA and yes I love the bigger calibers and heavier ammo

Thanks for all your input guys, i own an fx boss, and yes i agree, very limited ammo choices, haven't shot any slugs through it as it not recommended, but even with pellets it is deadly and enough power to take dwn decent sized game and pests, now, looking to purchase a new airgun, that can shoot slugs well, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1596073701_9102846225f2226e50e9f31.43267327.jpg
Don't have any PCP guns. Only a bunch of Springer's. But for hunting marmot, rabbits or anything else I will usually grab my Hatsan 135 .30 or my 130QE. At 50 yard they are deadly accurate. They have both been worked on and the rams set at 173bar. 570fps average 48 to 50 grain pellets, a good sized piece of lead means knock them critters down.

We live up here in the Oregon hi-country, and wildlife is always pressing in on us, an FX 30 cal keeps them at bay with a humane dispatch, i'm currently using polymer-tip pellets with very good knock down power...

The polymags are pretty awesome the flat head gives you the extra knock down and that little tip effectively penetrates.

Love my Uragan in .30- with slugs or pellets, it flattens them and is accurate in the wind. I've moved to Neilson slugs for 80+ yards, so range estimation isn't as critical as pellets, but I always have to be careful of the background- those slugs will travel for some distance.

Well, you and many others finally talked me into a .30 Uragan. Found one in stock, so I bought it, and a Donny FL Ronin and a Donny FL Vulcan fill probe. Should be here next week. I hope it's a shooter without a lot of tinkering, and hopefully the reg won't creep necessitating a Huma reg.