Become an AGN forum member to be included in our multi-thousand dollar Monthly Airgun Giveaways! Winning is as easy as picking a number, no strings attached! This is our way of thanking you for being a part of the worlds biggest airgun forum. Yours truly, Michael Wendt - Owner.
Join HERE

3 different compressors and your thoughts.

Forums Air Tanks, Pumps, Compressors, & Filters 3 different compressors and your thoughts.

• Views : 4082
  • Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +10

I’m thinking of ordering a compressor and would like some opinions. The 3 are as follows.

Hatsan Spark

Nomad II

Benjamin Traveler

all I am going to use the compressor for is to fill my guns. Any experience with any of the listed compressors and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Butch

Link

vdwb
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +17

I think the internals on these three models are very similar. All run on 12vdc. All are made in China. The Nomad II I believe is the most compact (built in 120v power supply). It also has a very nice carry/storage bag I don’t think the others have. It is the one I chose and I am so far delighted with the purchase. Small lube port issue but no other problems. And it is no noisier than your common vacuum cleaner. Great little unit.

Dennis

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

Dennis I have done my research but not much from owners of the compressors listed above. From the reviews I have read and watched, they all sound good. Thanks for your input. 

Butch

Link

cast
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +0

You should look at the compressor JSAR will be getting in also.

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

Cast been following that one as well but the three I listed have been out a little while now and just don’t want to be a tester with bad luck. 

Link

Shinyknight
    Participant
    Accuracy: +8

Out of them the hatsan is cheapest. But air Venturi is more compact, bigger yes, but don't jeen external power supply. As it is build inside the unit. So looks nicer and cleaner. But it's $650. Vs 377 on the hatsan. Benjamin is just like the hatsan, external power supply, but is 650. I would get the hatsan for 377, and use a 12v battery or get the power supply for extra $50. They all work the same. If you have the 650, go for the air venturi. It has built in power Supply so less wires exposed.

Link

2D1C
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +24

@cast. I don't see anything on JSAR on compressors??

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

2D1C there is a thread on here about it and the testing. It looks promising. 

Link

cast
    Participant
    United States

New Xisico PCP compressor with video posted on gta forum.

Link

Bob_O
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +107

I have a Nomad II with a thread or two on it in this forum.  No problems.  Even works just fine at -15*F.

Link

bfd136
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +1

Anybody know who handles daystate other than AOA

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

Trenier Outdoors. 

Link

bfd136
    Participant
    United States

Thanks AOA got back to me and they got me handled.

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

Well been watching many reviews and really no complaints about any of the three compressors list above. So I bought the Hatsan Spark from FS for $372 and plan on using it with my portable battery source. Just could not justify the extra cost of the other 2. I will update with what I think when I get to put it to work on a couple of my guns. Should be here next week.   

Thanks,

Butch

Link

roscodog01
    Participant

Butch

Well been watching many reviews and really no complaints about any of the three compressors list above. So I bought the Hatsan Spark from FS for $372 and plan on using it with my portable battery source. Just could not justify the extra cost of the other 2. I will update with what I think when I get to put it to work on a couple of my guns. Should be here next week.   

Thanks,

Butch

I own a Hatsan and Its been great, enjoy.

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

Just done my first fill with it and I must say well worth the money. 

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

First fill was my gauntlet. From 1000psi to 3000psi in about little over 3 minutes. First time filling one of my guns and not sweating. Lol. 

Link

airgunfans
    Participant
    Accuracy: +16

Can you let me have some idea on how noisy the compressor is when running ?

Link

Butch
    Participant
    United States

I watched some videos of it before buying it and thought damn that thing is loud. Happy to say it is not loud. When you first turn the fan on it sounds like a the cooling fan is on turbo mode, but then you kick the compressor on and it quiets down. Like I said not bad at all. 

Link

peterj59
    Participant

I have the air venturi 4500 compressor with joe broncato's alpha filter

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.