29 Grain | 25 Caliber | Slug launch

Newest slug. 29 grain 25 caliber. These are short with a deep hollow point and have shot great out of a non choked ART barrel, a new barrel we have been testing and the Impact.

Like any slug and gun combo you have to find the ones that your set up likes and here is light version for lower powered guns or guns you want more shot count.

These are light without having to give up a lot of BC to get the weight down.

https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/collections/25-cal/products/29-0-grain-300-count-249-slug-nsa

1569088094_14776812495d86625e780c78.51919754_20190921_091136.jpg

Hi Nick!

I'm interested in some lighter slugs for my Lelya. These might shoot better for some of the short barreled pcp pistols and carbines in use.

My question is how do you get them lighter? You can't make them much shorter or they might tumble in flight. A bigger hollow-point, and/or deeper indented base seems feasible, but can you find/make a mold like that???

Is there a cost effective ingredient that mixes easily with lead so an alloy slug could be cast? Can they be made hollow with an aluminum rod insert? Similar to Predator tipped pellets but full length insert?

Interesting questions (to me at least), especially since lead is becoming a widespread concern with environmentalists!

Regards,

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

I have a guy who shot a leyla but only out to 50 yards and so far so good. The way I got the weight down is magic pixie dust. Just kidding.

This is a different die than my other slugs. I draw all my dies for the tool maker and I play with weight and balance. The 217, .218, .223 and .300 are designed like these too. They are supposed to here next week.

I have a guy who shot a leyla but only out to 50 yards and so far so good. The way I got the weight down is magic pixie dust. Just kidding.

This is a different die than my other slugs. I draw all my dies for the tool maker and I play with weight and balance. The 217, .218, .223 and .300 are designed like these too. They are supposed to here next week.

Not knowing your slug making process, when you say you have new dies in .217 and .218 does that mean you will be able to mass produce the .22 calibers for lower price like the 25's. Bill

Yes the calibers I mentioned will be coming for our high speed machine. In 22 depending on weight you will get more slugs than you do in 25 for same cost. All the lower caliber slugs will be same retail price but the amount of slugs are changed per box.

The $18.99 retail will be for 300 caliber and below if they are made on our high speed machine. I will be doing 177 after a while too. Later I plan for 20 caliber as well.

Any luck with these out of a 25 cal Edgun Matador Long with factory barrel?

It has the Huma Hi Power kit for a little extra power.

Or...any luck out of a 25 cal RAW HM1000X? I believe it has the poly barrel.

I have shot these out of my RAW 1000x LRT as well as many other sizes and weights that Nick has me testing and all of them up to about 36gr have been shooting great. The heavier slugs probably would too but I haven't messed with my regulator(turned it up) when testing these, just the hammer spring. I've tested nine different weights between 28 and 38 grains and they really do shoot well. Good things are coming!

Stoti

Any luck with these out of a 25 cal Edgun Matador Long with factory barrel?

It has the Huma Hi Power kit for a little extra power.

Or...any luck out of a 25 cal RAW HM1000X? I believe it has the poly barrel.

So edgun testing was so so. He is going to turn up power and try again. I guess 50 yards was good and 75 was ok but past that was not.

Yes the calibers I mentioned will be coming for our high speed machine. In 22 depending on weight you will get more slugs than you do in 25 for same cost. All the lower caliber slugs will be same retail price but the amount of slugs are changed per box.

The $18.99 retail will be for 300 caliber and below if they are made on our high speed machine. I will be doing 177 after a while too. Later I plan for 20 caliber as well.

Thanks so much for the response. I have been using your 23 grain .218 diameter in my FX Impact MKII .22 caliber. I got five pigeons at 112 yards the other day. Those slugs were flying true and bucking the wind very nicely. Bill

I'll be the first to order when you get to the .20. Especially now that you're talking 300 slugs for $18.99 (at least I think that's what I'm reading).