29 different H&N pellets in all shapes and sizes arriving in early June!!

I was checking out the new products on Pyramyd Air and saw that 29 New H&N pellets are being released!! At the moment, they are only available for pre-order as they wont arrive until June 6th. I get really excited about pellets and can't wait to try a few tins out. The Hornets looks wicked but the price is steep at $24.75 for a tin of 200.

Anyways, here is the line up for your viewing pleasure.

Scott

.25 CAL PELLETS

.25 H&N Grizzly Pellets, 31 Grains, Hollow-point, 150ct - $7.50
PY-P-1225-lg.jpg

.22 CAL PELLETS:

22 H&N Excite Prometheus Pellets, 9 Grains, Domed, Lead-Free, 200ct - $12.75
(Previously known as the 9.12 gr Prometheus Hunter)
PY-P-1208-lg.jpg

.22 H&N Excite Apollo Short Pellets, 12.5 Grains, Lead-Free, 150ct - $9.95
(Previously known as the 12.5 gr Prometheus Hunter)
PY-P-1212-lg.jpg

.22 H&N Excite Apollo Pellets, 14.5 Grains, Domed, Lead-Free, 150ct - $9.95
(Previously known as the 14.5 gr Prometheus Hunter)
PY-P-1211-lg.jpg

.22 H&N Excite Dynamic Pellets, 12.85 Grains, Domed, 200ct - $7.75

(Previously known as the 12.85 gr Dynamic SN2)
PY-P-1214-lg.jpg

.22 H&N Sniper Light Pellets, 14 Grains, Domed, 250ct - $8.95
(Previously known as the 14 gr Defiant)
PY-P-1218-lg.jpg

.22 H&N Sniper Magnum Pellets, 18 Grains, Domed, 250ct - $9.75
(Previously known as the 18 gr Defiant)
PY-P-1221-lg.jpg

H&N Hornet Pellets, .22 Cal, 16 Grains, Pointed, 200ct - $24.75
PY-P-1206-lg.jpg

.22 H&N Piledriver Pellets, 30 Grains, Domed, 150ct - $12.75
(Previously known as the 30 gr Prometheus Piledriver)
PY-P-1224-lg.jpg

.177 Cal Pellets (13 New):

<For the new .177 cal H&N pellets, see the line up here: http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Ammo/Airgun_pellets/384/new/calibers_0_177>

Reactions: Michael
With two exceptions they are old Dynamic/ Prometheus. H&N have bought them out.
The Grizzly is a newer pellet and of course the Hornet is another take-off of the Predator Metalmag. But after Predator International/ Richard Diixon's humungous expensive court case with Gamo one would doubt there will be a follow up. The Hornet may prove to be an accurate pointed pellet but my guess is that it lacks one important feature of the Pred that makes the Pred the king of expanders. ... Regards, Harry.

"travels4fun"How much longer is JSB going to stand idle ignoring the fact that their pellets have failed to keep up with the increased power of modern PCP airguns. Hopefully, this new onslaught of H&N pellets will serve as a wake up call for JSB to get with the times.
Huh? I see nothing new in these offerings from H&N, other than they say H&N on the tins. They have all been available for quite some time, and none really got any type of rave reviews - they have all been seen kind of like novelty fodder, for the most part. They were all acquired in a buy out of a company on the verge of going under? The one exception would be the grizzly, and from what I have seen they have not done so well in the first caliber available (.357/9mm).

I read some place that early March had the new JSB heavy pellets being seen/used by the public for the first time around Europe, so they are coming.

Gentleman,

I'm fully aware that H&N acquired the pellet division from Pax Guns last year. Pax Guns had three lines of pellets: Dynamic, Piledriver and Defiant pellets. Some of these pellets were carried by US vendors including Airguns of Arizona, Precision Airguns, and Mac 1. Some were not such as the Defiant Ogive and Defiant Paragons.

The original pellets are no longer made in England as H&N built a new facility in Germany for manufacturing the pellets. Though possible, I find it highly unlikely that H&N is using the original pellet dies. The same can be said about the composition of the H&N versions. I don't see how anyone can say the H&N produced pellets shoot exactly like the originals without having personally conducted a side by side comparison. As of today, only two of the eight new .22 H&N pellets are available for purchase. The other six won't arrive until June 7th or June 10th. The new .25 H&N Grizzly wont arrive until June 7th.

For reference, here is a list of the eight new .22 H&N pellets with corresponding Pax Pellet (Note: the Original Post was updated to show the corresponding Pax pellet)
  • H&N Excite Apollo (14.5 gr Prometheus Hunter)
  • H&N Excite Apollo Short (12.5 gr Prometheus Hunter)
  • H&N Excite Dynamic (12.85 gr Dynamic SN2)
  • H&N Excite Prometheus (9.12 gr Prometheus Hunter)
  • H&N Piledriver (30 gr Prometheus Piledriver)
  • H&N Sniper Light (14 gr Defiant)
  • H&N Sniper Magnum (18 gr Defiant)
  • H&N Hornet (entirely new)
Finally, here is an article from Airgun Magazine UK posted on Oct 20, 2014:

H&N Sport Acquires British Pellet Brand Prometheus
Renowned German pellet manufacturer H&N Sport has announced its acquisition of the airgun pellet line of Pax Guns – Prometheus Pellets.

As featured in the December 2014 edition of Airgun Shooter magazine, Pax Guns was founded by Hugh Earl – the inventor and ballistician behind the award-winning, hi-tech range of pellets manufactured from the manufacturing plant in north London. The range includes the original Prometheus non-lead brand right through to the very advanced Defiant and Piledriver brands.

A spokesperson for H&N Sport said: “Pax Guns is a premium pellet manufacturer with some outstanding pellets for hunting, field target and leisure shooting. We are very happy to expand our product line with some of the finest pellets in the market and we are proud to continue Hugh’s great legacy.”

H&N Sport told Airgun Shooter that all the pellet-making plant in London will be transferred to Germany and installed in H&N Sport’s new, purpose-built premises in Hann Münden over the next few weeks.

And it’s expected that H&N Sport will be presenting their new pellets in the spring of 2015, to arrive in gun shops around April time. The shooting trade will get a first look at America’s trade-only SHOT Show in January, and then the IWA trade show in Germany in mid-March.

"H&N Sport told Airgun Shooter that all the pellet-making plant in London will be transferred to Germany and installed in H&N Sport’s new, purpose-built premises in Hann Münden over the next few weeks.

This quote from yours above just may be insightful. But as you imply, H&N may have chosen to discard Hugh's excellent dies at what cost?
If so, then that Piledriver is certainly an exact image of the old ones I thoroughly tested years ago, even to one of its two major shortcomings that I reported to the principles.
It could be morphed into the greatest long range air bullet yet devised, albeit at a very slight drop in its 0.11 bc ( my test figure ).
Best regards, Harry in OZ.

Reactions: travels4fun
Harry,

Awesome info thanks for sharing.

I'm going order a tin of the H&N Sniper Magnum (18 gr Defiant) and a tin of the H&N Piledriver (30 gr Prometheus Piledriver) to try out with my Air Wolf. The 28.4 Eunjin domed pellets shoot surprisingly well in the Wolf. I suspect the 30 gr Piledriver may be a tad too heavy for my Air Wolf but what the heck, it's always fun trying new pellets.

Scott

Crikey!!! That is some impressive shooting. I had no idea a .22 could even do that, let alone using piledrivers. My Air Wolf isn't capable of shooting groups like that even at 20 yards. Since day one, I have suspected something wasn't right with my Air Wolf. I can't shoot more than 5 pellets without getting a flyer. While at AOA this afternoon, I handed my Wolf to one of the guys to try out on their indoor 20 yard range. He was shooting no better than .75" five shot groups @ 20 yards. He said the barrel needs to be replaced so I left it with them to sort it out. It should be ready by Monday so fingers crossed.