276 Yard Ground Squirrel Shot Video – first time using a Tactacam 5.0

Forums Hunting 276 Yard Ground Squirrel Shot Video – first time using a Tactacam 5.0

• Views : 655
  • Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Scopes a Sight Mark  Citadel series  5-30×56  LR2  

It was better than a lot of common quality scopes mentioned here all the time. My old eyes liked it best. 

Link

GoldenStateAIRGUNer
    Participant

Long_Shot

I'm impressed every day by that speed. 

Here's today's shot.  It was the 8th shot today. 

How hot was it ?

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

GoldenStateAIRGUNer –  It was about 75 – 80 degrees max.    

Shot another one off the same post today.  Put the video on my Youtube channel. 

I won't bore you all with the same thing different day. Until I get video editing software that works better than the one I have… 

Link

Jonnes
    Participant

vinny

that pellet sure traveled that 276 quick 

Took 2 seconds between fire and hit, that means at 276 yards the bullet traveled 138 yards per second. That's not fast, thats normal (even on the lower side) for a .25 slug.

Nice shot!

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Jonnes.
    Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Jonnes – Not sure how long it takes exactly. But they leave the muzzle at 936 – 942 FPS usually. 

As of about 30 min. ago a total of 16 Ground Squirrels have now been dispatched from 265 – 279 yards out there on my neighbors property.  

Just collecting video until I have time to get the right video editing software. 

Link

pcparmy
    Participant

Jones, no way it took that long man.    My crown in 25 that shoots slower than his gun covers that distance in 1.19 seconds. 
    I get what your saying, the shot was legitimate.   Im just putting it into realistic timing.  Barely over a second.   

im looking forward to that video long shot!

Link

Flintsack
    Participant

That’s crazy!

mike

Link

Bowhunter73
    Participant

I like the HHA Optimizer setup you have for being able to dial in your range they are a very handy tool.

Link

Long_Shot
    Participant

Bowhunter73

I like the HHA Optimizer setup you have for being able to dial in your range they are a very handy tool.

Good eye, there Bowhunter73 .   

That thing is handy. They do work really good. 

Only draw back is at the longer ranges (150-300 yards) I can get it set on a marked range, but I might hit 1-3" high or low. The dial isn't as precision as I need for my old eyes. 

Winter project is to "hack" and mount a digital caliper to replace the dial wheel. That will solve that. 

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.