Chipper #27 this season

~15 yards, Benjamin Fortitude Gen2, CPUM 10.5, ~755fps, ~12-13fpe. Heart shot DRT with minor twitching for about 2 seconds.

Stalked this one for about 4 hours while enjoying a 5Vegas torpedo. Saw 2 others, but never got a safe shot.

IMG_03801.1621698007.jpg

At this rate, I will definitely surpass my number of ~75 last season. However, I didn't start on the chippers until LATE in the season last year... when the population exploded!

Thanks for the replies!

Nice shot and cigar Glenroiland!

Thank you. Still waiting for your #28!!

The cigar was good. Not worth the price, but good.

Actually, I am up to 30 now. Sorry, I don't always remember to take pics...

Lol.....

Nice work!!

There is no doubt I will tag WAY more than 75 this season... and the end of the season explosion of chippers is still to come!

I love having targets, but this is getting ridiculous! I don't think the chippers even eat the rat bait I put out. However, the rats do. Put one rat out of his misery today. It was stumbling around like a drunk in broad daylight and I tagged him at about 15 yards. So, I can't really claim that as a kill as it was dying from the Bromethalin anyway. (chuckle)

Thanks for the replies!

Nice shot and cigar Glenroiland!

Thank you. Still waiting for your #28!!

The cigar was good. Not worth the price, but good.

Actually, I am up to 30 now. Sorry, I don't always remember to take pics...

Lol.....

Nice work!!

There is no doubt I will tag WAY more than 75 this season... and the end of the season explosion of chippers is still to come!

I love having targets, but this is getting ridiculous! I don't think the chippers even eat the rat bait I put out. However, the rats do. Put one rat out of his misery today. It was stumbling around like a drunk in broad daylight and I tagged him at about 15 yards. So, I can't really claim that as a kill as it was dying from the Bromethalin anyway. (chuckle)

Oh well...

As I post this my chipper count is only 72 for 2021. 3 short of my total last year even though I didn't even start going after them until late in the season in 2020.

I am still seeing some, but safe shots are rare now and I doubt I will see a lot more until spring of 2022.

So much for that prediction above. Never count your chippers until they are DRT! LOL!