.250 bullet shooter build.

I posted about my build on the holdover before the new Airgun Nation forum was alive and running. For a recap:

.25 marauder will be used, WAR valve and airtube ext(possibly a custom one piece tube?), TJ's .250 barrel 1:22 twist. Other mods and such will be outlined later.

I got my 38 grain 3/4E BT's today. These are from John in the camper. They look great and weight is very consistant. I wanted to do alittle testing in my current .25 mrod that is setup similar to what I am building but I shoot jsb's out of this one(stock GM barrel). Anyway, the bullets won't load without some hammering to get the bolt closed. Definitely need the leade cut for bullets to shoot these.

I have some 37 and 45gr bullets coming from rat sniper. When they show up, I will have to see how they load in a stock barrel? Anyone shoot these in a stocked barreled mrod? If so, how do they load?

Update on build progress: Waiting on TJ's to process the barrel then ship it to Jim Gaska for machining. All other needed parts are ordered and waiting on there arrival. All I have to do is order another .25 marauder. Trying to decide to stay synthetic or try the newer wood stock?

Isn't 1:14 to fast for the lighter 35-45 grain bullets? Everyone told me 1:14 would be great if I was planning to shoot heavier bullets. If it doesn't work, I will just get another barrel in 1:14.

Since no one has any "real" data on his barrel, I will find out if the 1:22 will work or not. No one will ever know till someone puts some lead thru one. I just want to try and build a gun that will shoot 35-45gr lead accurately. If I have to go thru a pile of different barrels to get there, then that is what I will do.

Have you shot 35-45 grain bullets in a 1:14? If so how did they do?

No I haven't shot any thing that lite. There are a few people shooting 50 gr though.

Your right there is no info except his cherry picked groups that he has shot.

I here people have had luck in condors and a couple other guns. Condor barrel is 1:17 and choked.

First thing you do with a barrel is find out what it slugs to find out what size slugs are needed.

I agree about slugging and this barrel will be slugged.

I just tried some of Johns 38gr .249 and they were shooting great. Only got a chance to shoot to 30 yards but one hole is always a good sign!

That was from a stock marauder barrel. I believe 1:18 choked.

Like I said. Will just try the 1:22 and it will either work or it won't. Results will be posted as soon as possible.

Update on my build: I ordered a new .25 marauder and all my parts from WAR (wicked air rifles). This is how the gun showed up.

Upon opening what was left of the box, this is what I found.

Not only was the stock broke and the end of the shroud and threaded adapter beat up, but all of my parts were missing from the box. Fortunately, WAR is replacing the stock and all the missing parts. Needless to say I was rather upset but atleast my parts and broken items are being replaced. This has put a huge damper on my progress.

I did get the airtube deburred and polished. I also opened up the stock gauge block while I wait on parts.

Did get a call today that my barrel is getting machined. Should have it next week. Having it cut to 24".

I am still waiting on some parts and the new barrel, but decided to put together what I have and test some bullets. Using stock barrel and tuned to 840fps with 43gr eunjins. I was getting around 860fps with my 37 and 38 grain bullets. I didn't try the 45gr bullets yet.

The 38gr from Pellet Garden didn't shoot well at all. They definitely need a tapered leade as they were very difficult to load. Could be part of the reason results were not good?

The 37gr from Rat Sniper shot ok, but I only had 1 group of 5/8" at 60 yards. Most were around an inch.

Suprisingly enough, the 43gr Eunjins were very accurate. I am getting repeated groups hovering right around moa at 60 yards. I moved out to 75 yards since these are doing good at 60 yards. 1" or better has been easy at 75 yards.

The 43 Eunjins have never shot much better than average to poor in any gun I have tried them in. The results so far have taken me by suprise to say the least!!

Once I receive the rest of my parts and new barrel, I will be able to obtain more fps. Hope to have another update soon.

You have to open the ports for power, but the stock valve seems to enjoy better flow regardless of how much power you desire. I am not using a stock valve in this gun, it is a WAR valve that is huge and flows a lot of air. Barrel port and TP to match. I still have more to add power to this gun but have to wait on remaining parts to get here.