.25 vulcan question

After a few inquiries, here's the emails of the guys who made the equipment I used.

LDC is from [email protected] The last I heard, he was selling his carbon fiber ldc's for $100 each. He stands behind his gear and it works.

The ldc adapter is from John Hagan. His email is Hagantool.aol

Hope this helps. Fine quality equipment for the Vulcan has been difficult to find.

Note: Correction made to email addresses with a little help with someone who can see...

"Hepotter"
"plantman"Hepotter do you have any pictures of your bipod on the gun or your ldc?
Yes! 

Here you go.....please remember this is equipment I've purchased. I'm not advertising for either of these guys...but good equipment is hard to find, and it helps when a forum member can give a "thumbs up" for the money spent. I've purchased multiple times from these two guys, and their work is factory perfect!

Note the eight tiny vent holes at the rear of the shroud. I posted earlier about how to do this...it does make a difference!
vulcan6_zpsd7pkiq39.jpg

Wood screws, with small pilot holes pre-drilled, work fine to hold the 3 slot picatinny rail.
vulcan5_zpsvjibb8cc.jpg

vulcan1_zpshbqcigvr.jpg

Hagan adapter screws flush with shroud and screw-on end cap hides threads when not using ldc.
vulcan2_zpszz7sawnx.jpg

[email protected]
vulcan4_zpsjlka8x9e.jpg

vulcan3_zpstrszoflo.jpg

linsfreak,

yes.......I unscrew the shroud, slide back till baffle o-ring catches up on end of barrel thread, then just gently tug and twist to clear barrel threads. After that, it just slides the rest of the way off. I've done this a few times when cleaning the barrel. I would be worried about tearing an o-ring or something doing it often though. Hope that helps you out.

"pretbek"LDC is from [email protected] The last I heard, he was selling his carbon fiber ldc’s for $100 each. He stands behind his gear and it works.The ldc adapter is from John Hagan. His email is Hagantool.com

Just some corrections, if I may:

[email protected] is Donny's email.

[email protected] is John's email, he doesn't have a website.

Thanks for helping me out! These 72 year old eyes are getting a bit tired when working up close. However, in my defense...I almost got it right!!! Oh...right, only in horseshoes does "close" count. (sigh...)

I found out a guy is making custom baffles for the Vulcan
peter at top gun has them they just replace the internals and are designed after the collibri I spoke to him I'm getting mine already done up so he says it will be back yard friendly I also bought john Hagen end cap and a Donny du Ldc I can't wait my Vulcan will be here next wk from everything I'm reading the Vulcan is the it!! 

"bornkiller"I found out a guy is making custom baffles for the Vulcan
peter at top gun has them they just replace the internals and are designed after the collibri I spoke to him I'm getting mine already done up so he says it will be back yard friendly I also bought john Hagen end cap and a Donny du Ldc I can't wait my Vulcan will be here next wk from everything I'm reading the Vulcan is the it!!

Perhaps he has some knowledge about how to "de-ping" the Vulcan. That noise is the last step to making this gun eerily quiet for a .25 caliber!

"AJ3"Hepotter

Is the Vulcan shroud end cap difficult to remove? Just curious if it is bonded in any way and what type of tool to spin it off?

Thanks much
i'm pretty sure it is i used a tool for taking off E-clips and it slipped and put a nice shiny scratch on the cap easily fixed with a black sharpy though. I'm going to have to find someone that makes a tool or make one myself or if somebody on here has some ideas please share.
Hey Hepotter where did you get the tool to adjust your hammer spring?

"KYAirgunner"
"AJ3"Hepotter

Is the Vulcan shroud end cap difficult to remove? Just curious if it is bonded in any way and what type of tool to spin it off?

Thanks much
i'm pretty sure it is i used a tool for taking off E-clips and it slipped and put a nice shiny scratch on the cap easily fixed with a black sharpy though. I'm going to have to find someone that makes a tool or make one myself or if somebody on here has some ideas please share.
Hey Hepotter where did you get the tool to adjust your hammer spring?
Tool = [email protected]

Endcap = needle nose pliers.

I have both guns, and my Mrod .22 is much more quiet than the Vulcan .25. That being said, the hammer slap and the pellet hitting the target are the loudest part of shooting. I gotta tell ya, I love shooting this thing. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but if you are on the fence about buying this gun, jump in. You wont be disappointed.

Ok, lets see if I can answer some of the questions posted. I have a .25 2nd/3rd gen Vulcan. Basically this is the version with the twang fixed, the HST uses the hex key and I have the TopGun-Airgun moderator. Mine was shooting around 920-940 fps when I got it. I de-tuned it down to around 867 fps and get a standard deviation (SD) of 2.5 fps on 9 shots. I fill the gun to right at 220Bar and shoot it down to 140ish Bar which provides 45 shots but the last 3 are usually showing signs of maybe coming off the reg.

I measured the audio dB levels for both my Marauder .25 2nd generation and my Vulcan with the top-gun moderator. The Vulcan was around 82dB at 5 feet at 45 degrees off the line of sight from the end of the barrel. The same test with the Marauder .25 produced an 86dB reading with the same set up parameters. Don't take the dB readings as a quantitative finite value but as a comparative value between the noise produced by the Marauder vs the Vulcan. I set up a 30yard target using shreaded rubber as a pellet catch with a cardboard grey tape outer covering. Standing at 15 yards down range and 10 yards off the line, I noted the sound of the pellet hitting the target was about as loud as the report of the vulcan firing the pellet. My neighbors don't even notice I am shooting, unless they actually come over.

I also had Petr of Topgun-Airguns modify the baffles that come with the Vulcan to add the "vent hole" that is mentioned in Hepotter's thread above, so maybe mine is a little "quieter" than most? sorry can't say since I have only heard my vulcan at this point. Hope this helps.

Oh, one last thing. I started out with medium height scope rings. I found that with the way the gun is made that high rings were so much more comfortable to shoot with.