.25 vulcan question

I'm filling mine to about 250 bar which is 3600 psi. I do not have a chronograph but i can get about six nine shot mags off before i loose accuracy and have to refill. If you buy this gun i don't think you will regret it this thing is awesome i shot two starlings in a row to day at 115 yards I've never been able to shoot out that far accurately since the gun i had before this was a Discovery.
Leo :)

"nsw812"I am considering a .25 Vulcan as well. What's the noise level like at the stock setting? How loud is it comparing to ... say a Marauder? Thanks!
I don't have a Marauder to compare it to but i have a Discovery with a TKO muzzle brake. I would say 30% louder don't really know how i would compare that without numbers. But it has more of a ping that i think only the shooter can here. If you had a 3 acre property i would say it's backyard friendly depending on you neighbors. I've heard that the .22 is supposed to be a little more quite but i still don't think a bird at 50 yards hears much with the .25 :) .

"wyshadow"Could you use low mount scope rings to bring the center part of the scope closer to the gun or does the ergonomics of the gun require you to put high scope rings?
No you couldn't use low mounts unless you didn't have a cheek bone :). Medium is about perfect and the eye piece on mine is so close to the rail that you MIGHT be able to slip a piece of paper under it.

According to the manual that comes with the rifle the reg. on the .25 is set to 150 Bar. 
I fill mine to 250 Bar per the manufacturer's specs. 
I usually top off after 4 mags but have gone 5 without falling off the reg. Six would be pushing it per my experience.
Of course the power setting of your hammer spring will affect things. Mine came shooting JSB's 870 fps.. A complete turn of the hammer spring tensioner brought that up to 935 fps.

Putting a bipod on the Vulcan is simple.

Buy a three groove picatinny mount and attach it to the bottom of the forearm with wood screws. Be sure to drill pilot holes a bit smaller than the threads on the screws and line it up straight before drilling the holes.

I've done this on Kalibrguns, Edguns, and the Vulcan. A bipod is not heavy and using it is easily handled with the wood screw attachment. Don't make this minor upgrade any more difficult than it needs to be.

"nsw812"I am considering a .25 Vulcan as well. What's the noise level like at the stock setting? How loud is it comparing to ... say a Marauder? Thanks!
A .25 Vulcan is rather loud. Not "neighbor friendly" in my opinion.

However, this can be remedied by adding a moderator on the end of the shroud. Mine is hammer slap quiet after I drilled eight (8) vent holes in the back of the shroud and added an LDC.

The shroud attaches to the barrel at midpoint with a threaded insert inside the shroud. That insert has two vent holes to permit air to be pushed to the back half of the shroud by the baffles in the front. By venting the back with 1.0 mm to 1.5 mm holes, eight in number, the air pressure can be relieved and reduce the load on the baffle system.

John Hagan, of Hagan Tool Shop, makes a $60 adapter that replaces the end cap of the Vulcan shroud with an aluminum piece that screws directly into the shroud and gives you a 1/2 X 20 threaded end cap and screw-on aluminum thread cover. This permits installation of any LDC with a female threaded end.

The addition of the LDC was my first effort at making the .25 quiet. It wasn't until I added the rear vent holes that I achieve "hammer slap/ping" quiet. No muzzle blast that I can detect.

Note...larger vents, or more vents, are not suggested. The trick is a slow release of back pressure to avoid creating an exhaust sound at the rear of the shroud.

One other note...the Vulcan's new baffles are similar to the Colibri baffles. They have opposing holes in the sides of the baffles and an O-ring at the top and bottom of the baffle. On the Colibri, these holes corresponded with tiny vent holes in line with each baffle's vents, one on each side of the shroud. The Colibri was the quietest OEM shroud I ever used. Thus, it begs the question, why didn't Vulcan add similar front shroud vent holes in conjunction with their new side-vented baffles? Why else would there be an O-ring to seal each individual baffle to the inside of the shroud wall if not to permit each baffle to vent to the outside, which would reduce the air pressure on the next up baffle?

I'd try venting the baffles but why bother when I already have near dead silent operation. The new baffle design does beg an answer as to their ultimate function. Perhaps Vulcan just hasn't gotten around to drilling front shroud baffle vents to compliment their new baffle design. The Vulcan maker did spin off from Kalibrgun due to design differences of opinion.