.25 Vulcan impressions with pictures

I received my .25 caliber Vulcan yesterday, it came double boxed and a hard case very nice shipping. I opened up the hard case there was: the manual, hose, stickers from Talon tunes, a fill probe, two 9 shot mags, 5 shot group at 30 yards which was about one hole, chrony string, and of course the gun. The gun has a Turkish walnut stock that is very beautiful I've heard of people not being able to see the wood grain but on mine you can it looks very nice. I've shot the gun quite a bit since i first got it and i think it's pretty much broken in: the bolt has smoothed out some, it feeds the pellets a bit better, and one thing i did notice when the gun had finally broken in was the ping from the hammer hitting the valve has either gotten to be a longer or louder sound but still it's not to bad. The barrel length is 450mm or 17.7 in. It is also shrouded an let me tell you that shroud helps a bunch! i took the shroud off and shot it once and i quickly put it back on, definitely louder than a .22 lr without the shroud. So i took the gun outside sited it in with the Simmons whitetail 6.5-20 (just a scope i had available) and it took about 8 shots to get it sited in very easy then i proceeded to do a nine shot group in the center that was one big hole and this was just resting off of a couple of pillows. Then i stretched it out to 55 yards and it did pretty much the same thing with nine shots except for one stray but that was my fault, it was definitely under a half inch. I brought the gun in side measured the scope height to 2.11 inches typed it in to the ballistic software with all the other information took it back out side to a hundred yards, it said four mil dot of hold so standing up resting on a fence post i picked out this twig i saw and pulled the trigger and the twig just broke in half, so i thought maybe that was just a lucky shot reloaded picked out another twig and snapped that one! I haven't done any groups at a hundred yards with it yet but i have a feeling this thing is going to be good i didn't even clean the barrel yet. (forgot to mention this is with the JSB 25 grn's). Today i brought it to the farm and shot 36 birds in total and my longest shot was around 85 yards just about every time i pulled the trigger a bird went down this is not what it was like with my Disco i could also get about 4 nine shot mag's off before it got down to 140 bar. Also i was surprised to see the trigger was plastic it's a sturdy plastic and i don't think you have to worry about it braking, i don't have any thing to measure the pull wait but it's lite. And sorry guys i don't have a chronograph so judging from the string Talon tunes gave me it should be shooting at about 920 fps. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask because I'm not sure if I've covered everything.

Here are some pics, enjoy:

25 yard group resting off pillows. It did about the same at 50.

fill port

here is a picture of the magazine fitting flush into the chamber how it should be.

here is a picture of the magazine in the chamber how it shouldn't be notice how it is not perfectly flush, that will make you have alot of trouble sliding the bolt forward it's not to big of a deal but just one little thing i notice, just make sure you keep it flush.

chrony string

the in the de-cocked position.

the gun in the cocked position

some of the pictures aren't very good sorry for that. I took alot of pictures because i new i wanted alot of pictures when i didn't have my gun.

Your experience with the new Vulcan is similar to mine which I have had only a few days now. Good review...enjoy. For pictures, go within this Forum to General Airgunning and Video Tutorials How to make the Forum work for you. There is a video detailing how to post pictures that if it could help me, it can help anyone.

"pretbek"Keep up the reviews and impressions! I'm living vicariously through you guys, waiting for my ordered .22 Vulcan to come in.
When I get mine, I hope I can take enough time away from shooting and tinkering to write a first review.
I will once i get some groups at 50, 75, and 100 yards i'll be posting. I finally figured out how to post pics (Thanks AJ3) so i might even do a few hunts for you guys

"PaulWI"Looks like you really got the gap between the scope and the barrel down. My question is how does it feel bringing the rifle up to your eye?
Natural cheek weld or are you having to squirm around a little to find the relief box.
Paul
At first it was a little awkward to me because i am use to the extra high rings on my Discovery but a few mags later it feels natural.

"linsfreak"The shroud. Seems like I take all the baffles out and start to pull shroud off and it stops. When it stops do you start to unscrew it.

I just unscrew it then it slips off it does have a little snugness to it when its unscrewed kind of feels like rubber on metal but you just have to gently move it back and forth and pull it off.

"scubajeeper"I didn't know the triggers were plastic, very disappointing for a gun in that price range.
I didn't either from all the reviews I've read nothin about it, but i can live with it unless it breaks but i doubt that will happen. For that price range i agree it should be metal, it still does a perfectly good job though.

Thanks for the review and pictures. The pictures of the de-cocked and cocked positions were of help to me... I've only noticed mine in the cocked position before now and was concerned how it looked. Now I know mine's OK.

So far the accuracy of mine is not good at all beyond 30 yards (I'm using JSBs too), but I haven't shot mine much. Hopefully accuracy will improve with use. I'm using a Field Pod with a bean bag as a rest.

Mine seems to have stopped jamming and the bolt action is getting smoother. I'm using a Simmons 6-21X44 44 MAG side focus scope with high rings, positioned just like yours is.

Good luck all you Vulcanites...