25 vs 30 cal pellets

we will compare JSB's for this question. i know JSB 25 cal pellets- been using them for couple years, i know diddly poo about 30 cal JSB pellets. Outside of shooting something like a coyote, which i don't have issues with, what benefits are there to 30 cal? 25 cal is cheaper and you get more shots per fill on your gun. is there performance improvements with 30 cal over the 25 cal? or is it more satisfying to shoot? 

In field, for mid game both are good but it will depend where you are aiming.

In the head of course both will do, in the body...30, since 25 will not put the animal down (not even rabbits, I have seen it), for body shots the bigger the better, unless you hit the spine or heart direct.

Seen a shoot in the body and then the animal runs away ... not good for the animal, we hunters should try to avoid that (And I Believe we do)

It’s called boredom/addiction. We’ve all killed birds and pests growing up with a .177. Then the .22 was an awesome difference. Now, many of us (including myself) have upped the game to a .25 just cuz it is even more destructive and produces cleaner kills. Or should I say devistation? I have not gone the .30 route yet, but at this point, see no need for small game, birds, and the practicality.

it is kind of like saying a .243 is not good enough for deer and need a 30.06! You DON’T! But may choose to.

just my take on the subject.

It’s called boredom/addiction. We’ve all killed birds and pests growing up with a .177. Then the .22 was an awesome difference. Now, many of us (including myself) have upped the game to a .25 just cuz it is even more destructive and produces cleaner kills. Or should I say devistation? I have not gone the .30 route yet, but at this point, see no need for small game, birds, and the practicality.

it is kind of like saying a .243 is not good enough for deer and need a 30.06! You DON’T! But may choose to.

just my take on the subject.

I have, 0.30 on birds is a total mess jaja my preference like you on feathers and fur, 0.25

I hunt gray squirrels all the time and with many different calibers and air guns. I can say I prefer a .30 over other calibers because of the extra power and no, it is not to much power for hunting squirrel. When shooting in the woods at 40 yards it does not have to be a dead on shot to get those tuff little guys. I just like the extra power because we all know these critters can be hit hard and still run off.. not so much with the .30 . And no, it does not waste meat and it is not over kill .... I just don't like seeing wounded animals get away because the wind blew the pellet over an half inch.

I love my 56 ft lb 25 cal and can get it to 79 ft lbs if necessary. And i can definately notice a big difference in impact on critters and i am sure the 30 cal would be amazing. But i like many others here have been taking rabbits and squirrels with 177, 20 and 22 cal for 30 years without a problem. So if you get within proper range and dont take risky shots you will be fine. Use what you have and get close.

I would love to have a .30 cal barrel for my Impact but there is nothing I can legally shoot in TN with a .30 Cal. The TN law is .25 cal and lower for furbearers and small game and .35 cal and larger for large game. That leaves out anything for a .30 cal.

That's just silly!!!

Rules made up by jackasses that have never even picked an airgun up...

James from Michigan, 

Well, i have a Edgun R5 Matador.30 Standard shooting 47 grain NSA slugs Producing 70 Fpe....ive never not once had a Crater walk away from a hit...My 25 cal FX wildcat mk1 on the other hand I've Experienced Squirrels Surviving what i thought was a Direct hit...perhaps it didnt hit the Vitals But i dont have those problems with my .30 cal....(Kill-em-dead)