Fresh from FedEx.. Unboxing my new .25 Sumatra

Well I finally did it. After riding the fence for quite some time, I finally pulled the trigger on a .25 Sumatra 2500 rifle. It just arrived this afternoon. I took some pics to while unboxing the rifle which I thought I would share. Here she is..

Right after opening the box for the first time

Just prior to removing from box

Behold the new .25 Sumatra 2500

After skimming the manual, I loaded a magazine and I took it out back to see what it was all about.. I only took one shot which was extremely loud. I definitely won't be shooting this puppy in my back yard again. I plan on going out into the desert to do some more shooting tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.

ScottJust prior to removing from box

Very nice scot I had one for awhile loved the lever action mine loved h&n 31 grain it like them probably cause the heavier weight but when I had it jsb didn't have the heavy 33 grain I bet these two make good pair keep us posted plz oh Also I converted it to from the probe to foster fill with part for 20 bucks from pa if u do it be careful I didn't use silicone grease on the oring when tightening and some how a peice of the oring went into the res and wedged itself in the check valve I had to send back my fault though dap of silicone grease I could have avoided all that

Scott if you are on full power you might be getting a supersonic crack, I do with my 22 caliber Sumatra, it is still pretty dam loud even when you dial it down so you are sub sonic, that is why I make LDC's for these almost daily, they are a loud beast. Let me know how the long distance accuracy is, mine is deadly accurate out to 65 yards. I have not taken it further because of my leg problems, 65 yards is bad enough and plenty far enough for me to do my shooting at, all the best, Neil.

Observations from first day shooting:

I don't like the magazine. Pellets fall out and trying to seat it in the breach while making sure the cocking lever is fully extended is a bit or a pain. I suspect over time I'll get used to it.
This is by far the loudest airgun I have ever heard. It's about as loud as an AR-15 rifle. On the lowest power, it's not so bad.
The rifle has a kick so trying to shoot video through a scope cam requires some creativity to try and keep the muzzle flip to a minimum.
There length of the dovetail scope rail is fairly short. I was able to mount my 8-32x56 Hawke Sidewinder using FX No Limit Mounts though this is definitely only a stop gap measure.
The manometer stopped working so I had to guess when it was time to top up. I used the gauge on my fill tank to top off the rifle to 200 bar.
On hi power, the Sumatra overpowers the 31.2 gr H&N Barracudas, 27.8 gr Benjamin Domed, and even the 35.8 gr.Domed EunJins. All of the pellets were corkscrewing..I captured hi-speed camera footage and will load later.
The gun is quite accurate out to 60 yards once the scope has been zeroed in. I was shooting spent espresso capsules again and will post the video shortly.
The rifle is a blast to shoot. The quality is way better than I ever expected.
The manual says the air cylinder must be completely empty prior to cleaning the barrel. It even goes on to say to dry fire it until it's empty. That is INSANE!!.

To be continued....

"NeilClague"Scott if you are on full power you might be getting a supersonic crack, I do with my 22 caliber Sumatra, it is still pretty dam loud even when you dial it down so you are sub sonic, that is why I make LDC's for these almost daily, they are a loud beast. Let me know how the long distance accuracy is, mine is deadly accurate out to 65 yards. I have not taken it further because of my leg problems, 65 yards is bad enough and plenty far enough for me to do my shooting at, all the best, Neil.
Loud is an understatement. I might even start shooting with ear plugs to protect my hearing. I will definitely let you now how the .25 performs at 100 yards. It's so hot here in Phoenix I thought I was having a heat stroke for a moment, no kidding. It was 108 yesterday and 109 today. Supposed to be extremely hot all week. I might have to wait till it cools down to setup some long range targets.

"DavidLong"
Sort of like the 707 that Alan Zasadny did for me a long time ago. He had a moderator that went into a counter bore in the barrel that really worked. You might check and see if he still makes it.

Thanks I appreciate the recommendation. I have to buy a scope so at the moment, I can't afford spending any more money on it for a while. I have heard only great things about Alan Zasadny. He's like the Zen Master of airguns from what I gather.