Tuning .25 RAW HM1000X - Pre Air Force - Huma?

I would be interested in knowing your experience with the HUMA replacement regulator, compared to the factory installed regulator. I have a .25 HM1000X with the heavy walnut bench stock configuration. It has always been, and remains very accurate, though lately, it seems that I am getting some drop in elevation in the middle of a string. Then it seems to come back.

I thought about replacing the factory regulator with the HUMA as an experiment.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

DZ

So far I have had a good experience with huma on my raw pre airforce I had a problem when I took the bottle off like 6 times in a row and threads all galled an took the threads off the bottle got a new bottle valve and huma sent me a new reg after sending them pics asked them what they thought to use for lube on the threads to stop the galling and said to use a sparing amount of ceramic grease or moly grease I ended just using antiseaze and is working good I had a 2 inch accurate gauge on it set the reg to 150 and shot a few dry fire shots probably 10 to 12 shots it was returning to same spot on my gauge Everytime and pretty fast I took like 45 shots the other day on the Chrono and my spread was like 12 fps or under

I'll give it whirl dry over the Chrono to I've read to lube it and I've read to leave it dry . Read somewhere on here that Martin lubes them. Idk though dry would make more sense less debris to be collected on it

Martin does indeed recommend lube, and mine has run perfectly for a couple of years after cleaning and lubing as he instructed. Here is my opinion. Lubing the RAW hammer is similar to lubing O rings. Most people use too much, and would be better off clean and dry. I used Mobil 1 synthetic oil, but I'm sure any good quality synthetic would be fine. After cleaning and drying, rub the hammer assembly components with your hands very lightly moistened with the oil. When done, you shouldn't see or feel any oil on the metal, but it won't be totally dry. If you can't resist squirting on a lot of oil, then yes, dry for sure. I'm no expert, but that worked well for me. 

Stay with a RAW reg. I have three and all have a SD under 3 
D11DFF60-22CC-4B59-8A42-83CCDC3FF4F7.1638448411.png

I've found the Huma seems to be more consistent at lower pressure I'm running mine at 125 bar and my raw is set up for 34 gr mk2 at about 900 I get 60 some shots last few are off the reg and spread of 15 to17 fps comes from last few shots other wise it's running in 10 to 12 es range have found moly grease is the best to put on the hammer and others have recommended Honda brand moly grease

Nope, right out of the tin. I’ve never seen any results lubing or sizing that improves accuracy or consistency. (I’m going out on a limb here and saying that weighing doesn’t justify the time spent even for competition.)

I know I’m going to get hammered for that last statement but that’s my opinion. Flyer’s are flyers and no matter what I’ve tried it doesn’t eliminate them! That shot string I posted was great but the group wasn’t?

Nope, right out of the tin. I’ve never seen any results lubing or sizing that improves accuracy or consistency. (I’m going out on a limb here and saying that weighing doesn’t justify the time spent even for competition.)

I know I’m going to get hammered for that last statement but that’s my opinion. Flyer’s are flyers and no matter what I’ve tried it doesn’t eliminate them! That shot string I posted was great but the group wasn’t?

It’s a really nice string….I shoot out of the tin too. :)

most crony are +-2% accurate, some aren’t even that accurate. The weight variants in pellets are greater than +-2% 

A guy would think in order to get a string like that, you would have to weight them.