Become an AGN forum member to be included in our multi-thousand dollar Monthly Airgun Giveaways! Winning is as easy as picking a number, no strings attached! This is our way of thanking you for being a part of the worlds biggest airgun forum. Yours truly, Michael Wendt - Owner.
Join HERE

.25 Marauder SSG project.

Forums PCP Airguns PCP Airgun – Discussion .25 Marauder SSG project.

• Views : 1479
  • Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +7

I bit the bullet, or rather pellet and ordered a WAR SSG a couple days ago for my Marauder. I’m hoping I can get at least 24 shots or more before having to refill once I’m done.

Link

30cal
    Participant
    Accuracy: +38

Cool! Please post your results. I’m thinking of trying this myself.

Link

j.quillin
    Participant
    Accuracy: +1

Put the one I ordered into my .22 Mrod bullpup w/ air tube extension last week and finally got to shoot it today. At first i thought it was broken, was so quite it almost sounded like the valve was locked and not shooting at full power. Shot it inside a few days ago to get some initial chrono results but the acoustics are different inside.  The gauge post-regulator said 1800psi so i pulled out the chronograph to shoot over it again. Was shooting JSB 18gr jumbos @ 870 +/- 5 fps. Had 60 shots from 3300 psi to 2000 psi and hadn’t come off the regulator yet. Would have kept shooting but the wind was getting worse and blowing in rainy clouds. 

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

It arrived today and I should have it installed Sunday. Now if only the weather would clear up long enough soon so I can do the chrono work.

Link

LDP
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +44

“JDShapp”It arrived today and I should have it installed Sunday. Now if only the weather would clear up long enough soon so I can do the chrono work.

Do you have any other mods done? I will be waiting to see what performance gains you get. I was going to make my own for my .25 Mrod but if it works good I might just save my time and by this one.

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

No other mods on it so far. In fact its still set just the way it delivered. I am hoping to get some fairly good gains from using the SSG though.

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

I started on this today with low expectations. I planned on only getting roughly 24 shots. My first few shots were 822, 823, 812, 818, and then I ran out of any light to continue the chrono work due to cloud cover. Rather than let things go I decided to do more shooting to see how far it’d take to go from 2,700psi on the marauders gauge down to just under 2,000. It took about 6 or 7 magazines to get to that point.  I figure with the correct adjustments 4 to maybe even 5 magazines at 39 to 40ft-lbs isn’t impossible, but any high end power with this isn’t likely. Also the rifle did have a little less bark to it while I was firing and even though it was firing so low I didn’t notice any POI shift from the last time I’d had the gun out shooting.

As for the installation it was smooth. Unfortunately in order to not have to remove the stock anytime I want to do adjustments I’m going to have to sand or shave down two sections to allow the large set screw at rear to be removed, and the small set screw that keeps that one locked in place.

Now I’m just going to have to wait until I get my tank refilled before I can get things dialed in the way I want. After that I’m definitely going to need to buy more magazines, because this thing has definitely turned my Marauder a really fun shooter.

Link

30cal
    Participant

Just went to WAR’s site and looked at it. I see it is only for the gen 2 guns. To bad, I was going to get one for my Gen 1. Wonder what the diff is?

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

I think WAR is working on one for the Gen 1, and from some of the other things I’ve read it could be made work for a Gen 1 if you sent your parts in to WAR for alteration.

The higher shot count this provides makes the Marauder like a whole new gun to me.

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

I did some chrono work today. The SSG definitely works as people say. I still haven’t gotten above 41fpe yet. Still its easy to tinker around with.

Link

ajshoots
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +77

Could you post a chrono string or atleast your results? Curious of your shot count gain and fps compared to before adding the SSG. I had wonderful gains on a regulated .177, but the rest of my marauders are setup for high power and have very little hammer bounce so no point in adding an ssg to them.

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

Haven’t been able to get a full chrono string due to spotty cloud cover lately AJ, but I should be able to get one this Sunday on my day off.

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

Alright I got the full string today. Keep in mind this isn’t perfect yet, but for me its usable for hunting/pesting. Pre-SSG I was getting in the in the 840 to 850fps range for the 16 shots I was using. I’m sure with a little more adjustment I could have a much better shot string than this.

Pellet used: Air Arms 25.4gr
    3,000psi to 1,700psi.
    1- 838
    2- 859
    3- 861
    4- 855
    5- 866
    6- 862
    7- 865
    8- 870
    9- 868
    10- 865
    11- 846
    12- 857
    13- 850
    14- 851
    15- 854
    16- 842
    17- 862
    18- 861
    19- 859
    20- 860
    21- 855
    22- 850
    23- 850
    24- 846
    25- 844
    26- 843
    27- 834
    28- 832
    29- 832
    30- 829
    31- 830
    32- 825

Link

ztirffritz
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +41

Wow…I’m sold.  Next paycheck I’m getting one from WAR.

Link

30cal
    Participant

WOW is right! That’s impressive!

Link

ajshoots
    Participant
    United States
    Accuracy: +77

Fill to 3100 or 3200psi should climb that count up a little more as well. 27 shots at 4% is great!!

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

Before all this I pretty much hadn’t used my Marauder for months because of the shot count. Now though its given me a reason to order a synthetic stock so I can take it out as my main pest gun in the more rural areas here. Now my biggest problem is going to be keeping from running out of pellets.

Link

ztirffritz
    Participant
    United States

I ordered my SSG today.

Link

JDShapp
    Participant
    United States

What caliber is it going to go on?

Link

ztirffritz
    Participant
    United States

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.