.25 Kral Knight Moderator Test

Cool, that -10 db from stock to the clague made a whopper of a difference as for every 10 db the sound doubles or halves depending which way it goes.

Gotta work on your guns ping now :p

I know not 100% sure I know where to start with the ping, I was surprised how well the sumo did, would love to see how a ronin or something else would do. It seems much louder in the video than in person.

You and I both need to work on the hammer bounce. To my ear, the stock Night sounds like a small lady finger fire cracker. With the Tatsu from DonnyFL, it is much quieter with the mechanical noises dominating. I have a Ronin that was supposed to deliver today... Gonna me Monday at best before i can offer opinions on that one.

As the bottle drops below 200 bar, I hear much more twangangang after the shot. From 250 to 200 bar. The there is less twang. A double spring that short enough will help with that. 

Working out all the mechanical noise in a pcp is quite the task. You can hear the ping more present in some shots than others in your video.

Unregulated guns exhibit a lot of ping in the air tube as that mass of air moves both quickly and violently to take the space the shot released. The two solutions that I am aware of are a depinger (not sure if possible in bottle guns) or a regulator. Regulators limit the flow which doesn't allow that rush of air in the cylinder to go PING.

I was thinking about the regulator but end game I would just have troy work his magic on it and be done. Jim please let me about the ronin when it comes that's one of the ones I would like to test. To be fair those shots were all at the bottom of the tank I had just finished doing a chrono test string.

Ronin sounds deeper than my Clague moderator on my .25 NP-03. 

Its makes my PB silent, and I using it for tuning and shooting strings, but it's just so bulky, so Koi for actual shooting.

I may pick up a Shogun to try, but I'm well over my airgun budget right now, so it'll have to wait.
1590942415_18027297155ed3dacf2d6167.30171523.jpg
1590942415_18640575855ed3dacf84f233.31529942.jpg

I was thinking about the regulator but end game I would just have troy work his magic on it and be done. Jim please let me about the ronin when it comes that's one of the ones I would like to test. To be fair those shots were all at the bottom of the tank I had just finished doing a chrono test string.

Ronin sounds deeper than my Clague moderator on my .25 NP-03. 

Its makes my PB silent, and I using it for tuning and shooting strings, but it's just so bulky, so Koi for actual shooting.

I may pick up a Shogun to try, but I'm well over my airgun budget right now, so it'll have to wait.
1590942415_18027297155ed3dacf2d6167.30171523.jpg
1590942415_18640575855ed3dacf84f233.31529942.jpg

The clague or the ronin is to big and is deeper better?

Just got a few shots on the Knight (.25 @32 fpe) and Puncher Breaker (.22 @42 fpe) with the new-to-me Ronin and my already mentioned Tatsu. Wow - a small difference in size and a HUGE difference in sound. The Ronin is a 30 cal, the Tatsu is in .25.

The PB is a bit loud, even with the Annihilator Airguns quiet kit under the shroud. The Tatsu is an improvement and the Ronin is almost a sonic black hole. The Ronin is going to live on the PB - to keep from adding any more length to the Knight, and the Knight was more not as loud to begin with. I am going to need to be watchful of the power output - these guns are so quiet that it will be easy to forget how much energy they are putting out.

Shoot'em good (and quiet!)

Just got a few shots on the Knight (.25 @32 fpe) and Puncher Breaker (.22 @42 fpe) with the new-to-me Ronin and my already mentioned Tatsu. Wow - a small difference in size and a HUGE difference in sound. The Ronin is a 30 cal, the Tatsu is in .25.

The PB is a bit loud, even with the Annihilator Airguns quiet kit under the shroud. The Tatsu is an improvement and the Ronin is almost a sonic black hole. The Ronin is going to live on the PB - to keep from adding any more length to the Knight, and the Knight was more not as loud to begin with. I am going to need to be watchful of the power output - these guns are so quiet that it will be easy to forget how much energy they are putting out.

Shoot'em good (and quiet!)

How did the ronin sound on the knight?

Better than the Tatsu, for sure, I could not hear the hammer bounce buuuurp with the Ronin. Put the Tatsu back on and I could hear the hammer buurp. I was shooting out the pressure so I could remove the Kral fill nipple. Go na get that changed out for a standard foster fitting.

The Knight is significantly longer than the Breaker. The Ronin does fit t it nicely, but I like the shorter Tatsu for overall length. The Knight is also significantly less noise than the Breaker from the start at a hard barrel. So for me it is primarily most quiet on loudest gun, which agrees with best fit to long gun.