.25 JSB Heavy quick review.

I finally got around to sizing and testing the heavies out of my 2 custom mrods. One is set at 964fps with standard jsb kings. It shot the heavies at 870fps. The other gun is set at 840fps with 43gr eunjins. That gun shot heavies at 915fps.

Both guns have proven equally accurate and the heavies were nearly the same out of both guns even with the speed difference. I only had a chance to shoot out to 75 yards, but both guns shot them to moa accuracy out to 75. Under these same conditions, I would have a hard time shooting to the same level with standard jsb kings in the same wind conditions. It is apparent that the heavies are very good and with a higher BC, they are definitely better in the breeze!! As a note, these are the original heavies sized to .250". Not sure why they made a change as these fit just fine prior to sizing in multiple marauder mags? Hope the new MKII's are as good as the originals!!

I've been waiting to get my hands on these for some time now. Importing takes time. I wonder if the first to land here will be the original heavies or the MK2 heavies. And I wonder if the difference in BC will have any impact on accuracy. Anyone who gets their hands on both, please do post a comparison for us. Excitingly interesting experiment. Yay I am happy. 

I shoot the King Heavy 33.95gr JSBs out of my Hatsan BT65 at about 940 FPS. At that speed, I did experience some occasional spiraling, but most shots were very accurate. The spiraling could be attributed to the large skirt diameter. I am still very impressed by the accuracy and the energy produced by these pellets. I have the King Heavy MKIIs arriving tomorrow, so I will test them to see if there is a difference. I am going to tune them to run at 930 FPS. Should be a very accurate and deadly combination.

hunteroneI shoot the King Heavy 33.95gr JSBs out of my Hatsan BT65 at about 940 FPS. At that speed, I did experience some occasional spiraling, but most shots were very accurate. The spiraling could be attributed to the large skirt diameter. I am still very impressed by the accuracy and the energy produced by these pellets. I have the King Heavy MKIIs arriving tomorrow, so I will test them to see if there is a difference. I am going to tune them to run at 930 FPS. Should be a very accurate and deadly combination.

Just out of curiosity, what is the BT65 barrel length and twist rate?

"hunterone"I shoot the King Heavy 33.95gr JSBs out of my Hatsan BT65 at about 940 FPS. At that speed, I did experience some occasional spiraling, but most shots were very accurate. The spiraling could be attributed to the large skirt diameter. I am still very impressed by the accuracy and the energy produced by these pellets. I have the King Heavy MKIIs arriving tomorrow, so I will test them to see if there is a difference. I am going to tune them to run at 930 FPS. Should be a very accurate and deadly combination.
Neat. Can't wait to see the difference in performance between the longer and shorter MK 2 Skirts

Well, I just got in from trying the mk II heavies that FedEx Dumbpost finally got to the post office (they got there too late to be delivered today and I had to run down and pick them up myself). As I described in another thread the mk I's were dynamite in my Cricket carbine, shooting 2 5 shot groups under 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards in a row, something I've never come close to with any other pellet or air rifle that I have. So I had high hopes for the mk II's..............to no avail. I was lucky to keep them close to 3/4" at 50 yards, and the 100 yard attempt was pathetic. Conditions weren't ideal, I was shooting into the sun and there was an intermittent light breeze, so I tried a 5 shot group with the JSB King "lights" at 50 and it was probably under 1/2 inch c-c. I will try them again next week early in the morning when things are still and the light is from my back, but I don't have much hope for them.

Moses in PA

Just got back in from shooting the new MK 2's, in a .25 Cricket. I had great results with the first variety. Yesterday I set spinners up at ranges from 50- 82 yards, and the 2's were performing great for a hunting situation. At 20X 3 mildot hold on the top of the smaller center spinner. It was hit 75% by two different shooters at the longest range, and one miss in ten at the 50 yard firing strait out. Today riding the nursery roads with the landowners son. There was a woodchuck convention, grass was cut and with a couple of chilly nights they were all over. As I was telling him the range and to wait for the chuck to stop, he took a mature male at 25 yards with a quartering away slow walking shot. The shot hit the shoulder, and exited in front of the ear on the opposite side. A couple more at 35-40 yards, also body pass thru on smaller females. The finish for the day he spotted a brown lump in the row, and got out of the truck, we both climbed into the bed, I spotted it as it moved further away. I now ranged it at 73 yards, it was laying flat facing away. using a bag of peet moss for a rest perched atop the truck cab, the chuck moves further away then stands up providing a full back shot. I'm guessing 85 yards and I call 3 dots top of head, he says got it bang. The chuck dropped a lower head shot, and pass thru the throat. The newer version appears to be slightly shorter, the skirt is noticeably heavier, and the indentation is shallower than the earlier ones. Sorry I misplaced the calipers, for my use at 880 fps they work pretty well. I will try an actual group on paper with both.