.25 Impact Squirrel Kill with Polymags

At my new house, the squirrel population is healthy. There's not too many or too few. At my old house, there was a massive overpopulation. I killed roughly 500 squirrels in 4 years. They were nasty diseased trash eating squirrels so I didn't eat them (I ate 1 and I'll never eat a city squirrel again). Now I live in a small subdivision in the middle of the woods. The squirrels here are very healthy and don't eat people's trash because there is plenty of their natural food around. They also don't cause damage to my property like the last house, so I haven't been shooting them. Until now. My daughter got a hummingbird feeder from the in laws because they have seen a few buzzing around the backyard and we like to bird watch. Day one of the feeder resulted in a squirrel tearing it apart. I put it back together and waited for the squirrels to come in again. I had a few come in right up to it but never touch it. This made me believe it's a single rogue squirrel tearing apart the feeder. While I was at work the other day, my daughter witnessed a smaller grey squirrel destroy her feeder and she asked me "when are you going to finally shoot this stupid squirrel so we can see some hummingbirds?" Well today was that day. First thing this morning I woke up and looked at the feeder. Sure enough a small grey squirrel was up to no good. I grabbed my .25 Impact, loaded it with a Polymag, and eased myself out of the back porch door. I didn't have time to hook up the scope cam, so there is no video. The squirrel ran to about 25 yards away from me and stood straight up. I got the little trouble maker in the crosshairs from a free standing shot ( I don't take many free standing shots at all) pulled the trigger and heard a deafening thud as the Polymag hit the chest of the squirrel traveling at 900 fps out of the muzzle. The squirrel was knocked over and attempted to crawl but only made it a few inches and then expired. I then realized this FX Impact was designed for hunting right from the get go. I walked up to the squirrel and noticed a complete pass through at the shoulders. I then prepped to clean this little critter because these aren't city squirrels and the kids and I absolutely love squirrel meat. I peeled back the hide and seen the hole in the chest. Absolute devistation is what the Polymag caused. I couldn't believe the wound channel from this pellet. I'll be using the Polymags a lot more come this fall when hunting season starts. 

Thank you. I sent my Impact for the warranty work shortly after I moved and AoA hopped right on it. They fixed it and returned it to me quicker than I expected. I did have a minor issue though. I cannot keep a group using the magazine. I contacted AoA about this and we are in the process of getting it resolved. I'm not sure if they used my mag for the testing or not, but judging by their groups vs my groups, I'd say they used their own. No big deal. I have to use my Marauder single shot tray to load Polymags anyway, so it really isn't an issue yet. When I use my single shot tray for JSB Kings, I get single hole groups at 30 yards so I know my Impact has no issues, just the mag. 

This guy wasn't a kill for food. It was a pest control kill that I'm going to eat :) I have been wanting to get a good look at what these Polymags could do and I believe I've figured it out. I'll end up using regular JSB pellets for cost savings, but I'm very pleased with the Polymags. I think on the next squirrel I'll take my time and go for a head shot. This guy took off running and stood up for a brief second when he seen me, so I didn't have time to take a well placed head shot. I needed this squirrel gone asap or else my daughter would have chewed my rear for not stopping the humming bird feeder bandit.