.25 FX Impact with side load magazine and STX slug liner. Size Nielsen slugs?

So I have the same issue here. The FX side shot version will turn the .250 slugs side ways causing it to jam up. I think the bore for each slot is to wide. You can use the original magazine 16rds compacity and it’ll be fine. If not get urself the side shot version (original/aluminum) if you still want the high compacity and you should have no problem with it getting jammed up. So far the .22 and .30 version FX side shot magazines have not jammed up on me while using slugs. 

If you go down the route of modifying your probe/ port for more fps take care on how you do it. If you elongate the port incorrectly or remove to much from the probe the thinner nose on the slugs can tip into the port during loading....

I didn't have any intention of modifying the probe but thanks for the tip. It seems like the Impact is capable of making the necessary power without fussing with that with the additional plenum volume (mine has the Ernest Rowe power plenum installed.)

It does make me wonder if the external probe pusher (like the impact has) is going to prefer a flat base over a cupped design.

Im shooting the NSA 33.5's through mine, have modded both the TP and probe and cant tell any difference in the way it cycles slugs or pellets ( excluding jsb 34's which have never been slick coming out of the mag) Im on the original mag though so could be that....

Re modding the TP and probe- before I power tuned mine and fitted a 700mm barrel ( for slugs ) I was on the original ST barrel, those mods gave me an extra 45fps, I didnt need the extra speed then but it did allow me to drop my reg pressure quite a lot and improved efficiency/ shot count. For 30 minutes work I still think its one of the best free mods you can do...

The cavities of the new high cap .25 magazines are too wide for slugs, the timing is spaced for pellet skirts which are wider than the pellet heads but with slugs there is no oversized skirt so the timing is off.

With .25 slugs from NSA, H&N, etc you might experience loading issues and the last slug will probably not load at all because the pellet probe is hitting the plastic pellet pusher in the magazine (see image). The old .25 magazines can be used however for the slugs when they fit the magazine length wise and .22 high cap magazines work flawlessly with both pellets and slugs.

New .25 high cap magazine on the left, old .25 magazine on the right, both with one NSA 36.2gr slug loaded.

1581694458_16842343015e46bdfaed7c45.16091379_8BA5A144-BC86-483D-B2D0-7F86D67FF079.jpeg

Reactions: biohazardman
The cavities of the new high cap .25 magazines are too wide for slugs, the timing is spaced for pellet skirts which are wider than the pellet heads but with slugs there is no oversized skirt so the timing is off.

With .25 slugs from NSA, H&N, etc you might experience loading issues and the last slug will probably not load at all because the pellet probe is hitting the plastic pellet pusher in the magazine (see image). The old .25 magazines can be used however for the slugs when they fit the magazine length wise and .22 high cap magazines work flawlessly with both pellets and slugs.

New .25 high cap magazine on the left, old .25 magazine on the right, both with one NSA 36.2gr slug loaded.

1581694458_16842343015e46bdfaed7c45.16091379_8BA5A144-BC86-483D-B2D0-7F86D67FF079.jpeg

Interesting. I wonder if one could modify the stop ramp to fix the alignment issue? I'll have to take a look.

BTW. I noticed my high cap .25 magazine was not smooth with JSB heavies.

You should check with your dealer, I had problem with .25 mags as part of a recent purchase. Turns out that they were “ milled wrong,” bad batch. Utah Airguns promptly sent replacements.

You should check with your dealer, I had problem with .25 mags as part of a recent purchase. Turns out that they were “ milled wrong,” bad batch. Utah Airguns promptly sent replacements.

AHH the beauty of a good service provider (after sales)