.25 EDgun Lelya 2.0, EDgun R5M Standard, or FX Wildcat MKII Compact?

Thank you stony30 for your input. The Veteran Shorty looks better every time it gets another look.

davidsng, Really appreciate your perspective and information.

Let's try this: A .25 caliber,16.5 grain pellet is launched 830 FPS measured near the barrel. How would the air consumption differ between a 15 inch barrel and a 19 inch barrel? Instead of asking how more efficient the longer barrel is, perhaps shot count down to 120 bar from a start at 300 bar? Confounding this comparison is the difference in reservoir volume between the Lelya and the R5M standard. Based on one's own experience, is it just a matter of maybe 3 additional shots, or is it much more? Accuracy, extreme spread, etc. not a factor for this.

Members here are so polite, refraining comment while enduring the flagrant ignorance of certain kinds of newcomers such as this author. Thinking I am near a decision point on this.

EDIT: stony30, Thanks for responding to davidsng. Wish you would detail your appreciation and use of those two capable weapons.

I too looked at the compact Tapain Veteran Shorty in .22 and .25. What got me to sway towards the Lelya, was forward cocking on thr left side. Quick follow up shorts without loosing your cheek weld. The Veteran is too clumsy. 10 rounds can be fired with accuracy in about 10 seconds. With the Vet...I would imaging 3 or 4 rounds in 10 seconds. Something to think about. Stony30 any imput? 

way cool, the Lelya is such a good looking gun, look forward to the unboxing and range report!

And good luck when it comes to choosing a gun for your son, I just went through that for my boy, he's only 5, so he will have to grow into it. I was hard pressed between the Seneca Dragonfly and the HW30S, I went with the dragonfly and am doing some modifications to the stock. In many ways the HW30 would have been the better choice, but at the same time I can see the dragonfly being one that will hold his interest longer, only time will tell. (I may well still be picking up the hw30s, haha, this airgun bug is bad!)

Well said Harmless.

Funny how some people try to look mean and give themselves scary powerful names to make out like they are tough and not to be trifled with, but it is the quiet, confident guys with a seemingly 'harmless' demeanor that I am careful with; not knowing their true capabilities. Sometimes you can see an edge of resolve, strength and experience in their eyes...

There are some promising air rifles and pistols out there for sure. Thanks for mentioning the Dragonfly and the Weihrauch. Different yet both good arms. Interesting to read about them. Our boy is 8 now. Sometimes he expresses interest in 'real time' shooting but when the subject of firearm accidents/negligence is brought up, he tends to shy away. I’m hoping he is careful. He can be impulsive and clown around too much. We do Nerf (Artemis Rival is good) and just hope in time, that he can properly learn the art of projectiles.

Ok so I agree with David that my Taipan Veteran is somewhat clumsey to cock for a followup shot compared to my forward cocking lever near the trigger on my Wildcat. Both guns have butter smooth cocking actions, are fairly efficient and are crazy accurate . I'm not too sure what else I can say about them but after owning Marauders (.22 and .25 ), Hatsans, a Kral, an Artemis P15, .357 Bulldog (Davids) and even my Impact .30 I am the most content with these 2. The Leyla is one gun I might try one day tho !! Let me know when you get bored w it David. Lol

Congrats!

You are an addict. 
1f609.svg

Admitting it is the first step to recovery.

LOL !!

.25 caliber EDgun Lelya 2.0 with laminated stock incoming. Any of the bullpups discussed here would be a great choice. Super excited and expecting this to be the only air rifle purchase until our son is old enough for one of his own. 

Thanks to those who contributed, and a big Thanks to Brian at EDgunWest.

Welcome to the EDgun world. Great rifle choice.

Thanks JWilson and davidsng. Other than having purchased some flashlights, this kind of acquisition is extremely, extremely rare. Can't blame it on mid-life crisis, because already well past that. My mother passed last fall (84 years), and we stand on getting a few thousand dollars out of it.

TitanFlyer,

The Leshiy is incredible. 

I started a new new topic about the new arrival, titled “Lelya Takes Flight”

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/leyla-takes-flight-beginning-of-an-edgun-odyssey/#post-333915