Is 830 with the Crown and 25.39's too slow? accuraccy great, what should it be doing realistically?

1541023307_2530293265bda264bdeebe7.79391902_IMG_0180.jpg

sprayMark... wasn't it you who told me that you had three or four Crowns and that they all were junk shooters? Are you still giving Crowns a chance?

As for velocity, I can't say with .25, but with my RW .22HP, it shoots 25.39 Monsters quite accurately... at all three power levels... as low as

Have you ever checked out the 18 gr on low power? My RedWolf shoots them like a laser out to about 50 yards.

just food for thought.

Crusher

sprayMark... wasn't it you who told me that you had three or four Crowns and that they all were junk shooters? Are you still giving Crowns a chance?

As for velocity, I can't say with .25, but with my RW .22HP, it shoots 25.39 Monsters quite accurately... at all three power levels... as low as

Have you ever checked out the 18 gr on low power? My RedWolf shoots them like a laser out to about 50 yards.

just food for thought.

Crusher

Hi Bill! Indeed I have. I love the 18s on LOW power! That's what I tend to shoot the most. Great accuracy and huge shot count! Could be that the 18.13gr JSB are the most accurate in my RW... but the 25.39 are darn close!

All of the following shoot really well in my RW .22HP

Spray, in my humble experience, the best fps is the speed at which your specific rifle, your specific pellet, and your specific shooting style/conditions result in the best accuracy.

There are a LOT of variables in accuracy. Narrow them to the specific settings that result in the best accuracy for YOU.

Shooting is as much a science as it is an art. What works for someone else may/may not work for you. Find what works for you, then stick with it, and practice, practice, practice.

What good is any gun, at any price, if it misses? 

Yes correct, but once you get the unrestricted version on license in the UK all things change! but TBH the Crown will never equal the RW except they don't make the RW with a blue laminate stock!

Time to adjust the hammer spring on the Crown me-thinks!

Yes correct, but once you get the unrestricted version on license in the UK all things change! but TBH the Crown will never equal the RW except they don't make the RW with a blue laminate stock!

Time to adjust the hammer spring on the Crown me-thinks!

So... after all that Crown hate that you shared on the forum, and to me.... now you LIKE the Crown? I’m surprised that after the first bad Crown that you went back for another one - and when that turned out bad, you went for another one, then a third, if I recall correctly, that was a bad one for you. Amazing that you went back yet again - is this the 4th one? You must really love something about the Crown to keep going back, but you told me they were junk. In the end, I’m glad if you have one that shoots well for you.

All I can say if it will group like that @ 25yds consistently than move to 50 or whatever distance you will most likely be shooting at and try it there!, because speed isn’t everything... if your looking for accuracy first than you may have just found that sweet spot!, that’s an AWESOME 25 shot group @ 25 yrds! ( just reread your post 5 not 25 shots!) still awesome group outdoors! )