.25 Crown maximum velocity

Just call FX USA and order Mr Rowe's power kit. It's that simple. 1-866-639-0772

Ordered.

Super easy....friendly rep on the phone.

Made to order even, which is fantastic!!!

Anxious to see the final result, on pigeons, of slug barrel and higher velocities!

Tomi, the final results? It's called pigeon fricassee! :) Bob_O we need to chat about this Super Easy business...I may have to follow suit...its not that I want it but as an Air-Ho I NEED it! lol! George

I have no idea. Newman knew I have an Impact X because he asked for the serial number when I also ordered an extra set of Impact X o-rings to keep on hand. For o-ring sets, they will need model, serial number and caliber to be specific. Probably not caliber specific for powerkits, else, they would have asked you.

You can order a lifetime supply of o-rings for about $30 https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/impact-o-ring-list-corrected-with-links/

I ordered mine for my .22 Crown two days ago. Newman told me that they weren't caliber specific when I told him my order form didn't specify the caliber of my Crown. Is this true?

Mike

Mr Rowe describes his "power kit" in this thread... https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/25-crown-maximum-velocity/#post-404049

LOL! I mean who hasn't ordered one yet? 

I was talking to Newman Buck at FXUSA Service this morning, 

"So Newman, how many orders have you had placed for the Crown Hammer Modification Kit recently..."

"Hmmmm...well sir, actually, quite a few...", (in a rather puzzled voice).

I was thinking *and probably all in the last three or four days too*

Amazing what can catch fire around here...

On Bob_O's recommendation I read this thread cold all the way through, and like him was left puzzling that the Power Kits Ernest mentioned "include hammer weight, modified HSTA, hammer spring and larger bore VS, barrel TP long gated.  is the same as the FX Crown Hammer Mod Kit which Bob_O and I (and likely the rest of the participants in this thread) just ordered. Now If it were still within business hours at FXUSA in NC I'd simply pick up the phone, call Newman and ask, but as it's not I'm left to think it through...not something I do on a regular basis as its pretty taxing.

I mean I would be thrilled if it were the same kit but I have some reservations...The Power Kit as stated seems as if it would run a few pounds of dead pigeons more than the mere $50 that I paid for the FXC Hammer Mod Kit which includes hammer weight, a "modified HSTA" (?), and a spring). You can watch its installation for yourself here https://youtu.be/OC4ZGtGPKCc. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Ernest mentioned that the Power Mod Kit includes a "larger bore VS" (I'm learning here guys, Valve Seat w/ a larger opening?). Now if that's his improved Titanium Valve Seat, including that VS in a kit that only cost $50 would be a generous gift considering the material cost alone. But there's more...the Power Kit also includes "barrel TP long gated". Which I interpret to mean either "having your barrel's TP modified in house" or "receiving a modified (ported?) TP to install". Regardless, it’s yet another custom bit of Ernest genius.

Seems too good to be true at $50 for such kit, so it probably is, but boys and girls there is a Santa Claus, and it just might be my (our) lucky day..I'm momentarily filled with Christmas Cheer at the thought of one helluva stocking stuffer....but, no,...I'm about to Grinch my stocking... 

I believe Ernest posted that the kit (regardless of caliber) will be ready next year...not today when I ordered the FX Crown Hammer Mod Kit. So, rats, big rats, I suspect when I call Newman tomorrow to see what I'm getting and ask what Ernest is talking about, I'm going to find out I'm on my way to almost having a "power kit" but I'll have a few more parts, or an in-house porting service, to to go. I'll post what I find out but I suspect some one will beat me to it. Please do so!

Oh and guys? Merry Christmas!!

George

I don't want to waste Ernest's time so I'll ask here. I'm seriously considering a crown with the longest barrels in every caliber.

I've heard from several sources that The Crown has a lot of O-rings, and things to go wrong. I'm just asking, anyone seeing this?

If Ernest reads this, my question to him is where are the weak points, and if I buy from you, are they worked out of the rifle?

I don't want to waste Ernest's time so I'll ask here. I'm seriously considering a crown with the longest barrels in every caliber.

I've heard from several sources that The Crown has a lot of O-rings, and things to go wrong. I'm just asking, anyone seeing this?

If Ernest reads this, my question to him is where are the weak points, and if I buy from you, are they worked out of the rifle?

You can buy two lifetime supplies of o-rings for around $30 and an average 10 year old should be able to install them. They are the same o-rings used in thousands of different items all over the world, nothing special. Buy the gun you like without any thought for o-rings. FX encourages people to do their own maintenance by providing Masterclass videos on youtube to walk you though it all step by step.

https://youtu.be/ytTWgB4co8Y

James, 

The references I've seen seem to indicate that the Impact is the more likely of the two requiring a stash of "o"rings. In fact I believe it was a Dubber video about "getting the most out of your Impact". Ernest Rowe offers "O" rings kits as follows, their shop Crown kit; enough o rings to do the Crown twice over -$40, the FX factory kit which has enough o rings for once over but also includes a valve seat and *I think* a valve stem, for ~$45. I just bought the 2X kit of theirs.

In regards to to your wanting a Crown with the longest barrels in every caliber, that could be a bit pricey as you may need to buy entire barrel kits to get there. Its also really rather confusing to sort out what can go on what. I'd suggest calling an Authorized FX dealer and make an inquiry. I like talking to Mike Mitchel at Utah Airguns but you may have your own favorite FX Authorized dealer. 

Ernest Rowe offers "O" rings kits as follows, their shop Crown kit; enough o rings to do the Crown twice over -$40, the FX factory kit which has enough o rings for once over but also includes a valve seat and *I think* a valve stem, for ~$45. I just bought the 2X kit of theirs.

Wouldn't you rather have enough of each o-ring to rebuild the gun 50 times for less money? FX publishes schematics with each o-ring size and you can order each size from online stores in bags of 50 for around 1 to 3 dollars per size. Same quality. A huge tube of Super Lube that Mr Rowe uses costs $11 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081JEBFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: BDX
Ernest Rowe offers "O" rings kits as follows, their shop Crown kit; enough o rings to do the Crown twice over -$40, the FX factory kit which has enough o rings for once over but also includes a valve seat and *I think* a valve stem, for ~$45. I just bought the 2X kit of theirs.

Wouldn't you rather have enough of each o-ring to rebuild the gun 50 times for less money? FX publishes schematics with each o-ring size and you can order each size from online stores in bags of 50 for around 1 to 3 dollars per size. Same quality. A huge tube of Super Lube that Mr Rowe uses costs $11 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081JEBFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yo Heavy! Of course! and it only makes sense for those inclined to go through the ordering process. My intention was not to make a preferential decision for anybody merely to point out what Ernest offers. Spot on comment buddy, you earn a Boy Scout badge from me for reiterating the economics of the choices here. Well done!